Things you know about things

don’t know where kettering is or anything about it, but I do know that that Acaster bloke, and Sean Dyche are from there.

Had a web conference with Sean Dyche yesterday and for the entire time I had no idea he was form Kettering!

1 Like

Adam B is no longer known as Mr Piano

1 Like

It’s also an anagram of Evian, which is naive backwards

Westward Ho! is the only place with an exclamation mark in its name and is named after a book.

1 Like

I knew a famous football manager managed Hartlepool as their first management job but couldnt remember who

Brian Clough

1 Like

Found out grotesque comes from grotto which means ‘of a cave’. But didnt really go into enough detail to fully understand why.

Difficult to hoover grottos. Can’t get extension leads long enough.

1 Like

Still makes me cringe that there’s a statue of him in our city.

Similarly, I know that “peristalsis is the rhythmic-like contraction of the gut wall.”

It is Easter this weekend if you’re an Ortodox Christian

1 Like

I love the smell of a good hoogying in the morning

1 Like

M ovement
R espiration
S ensitivity

G rowth
R eproduction
E xcretion
N utrition (F eeding)

• MRS GREN
  • MRS GREF
  • What

0 voters

“pies were the original cans”

that’s a thing I know about pies, thank you @anon26275971

1 Like

Sorry what?

you know how we have cans now, yeah? back in the day, that would have been a pie

A pie of coke?

yeah, a pie of coke, a pie of beans, a pie of alphabetti spaghetti, that kind of thing

2 Likes

Here is a thing I know about a thing.
There is an old train station right near my house that is now part of a cycle track. It was the inspiration for the celebrated play The Ghost Train, written by Arnold Ridley in 1923. He used to wait there for a connection at night apparently, and rails would vibrate loudly from trains in the distance. Hence the inspiration for the play.
Later in life he was in Dad’s Army.

1 Like

…I should leave the house today.