Things you think you might've invented...

• For years and years i’ve argued that brown shoes with an all black outfit was the height of fashion. People sniggered and made me out to be some sort of Karl Kennedy. Who’s laughing now? Them same people, admittedly, but David Gandy knows.

• Remember, in the mid-90s, wondering why we couldn’t pause live TV and rewind it to avoid adverts, and why there are TV schedules instead of libraries of programs. Maybe they had that in Japan already, but i’d never been.

• Pretty sure i invented the word ‘Oooooft’.

Shoot…

The TV show “Peep Show”

3 Likes

Steam engine

1 Like

I remember when contactless payment came out and tfl were still just using paper cards and oyster cards and I thought “this is silly they should change to accept your credit/debit card.”

And they did. All because of that thought I had

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this television programme. Thank you for inventing it

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

(In all seriousness, I started jotting out ideas for a film/tv show which was entirely POV with an inner monologue but it would have been just one protagonist and you would never have got to see what they looked like or anything)

Edible dice

8 Likes

Years ago I was like “what if beer was nice?” and now there is nice beer

9 Likes

Thank you so much for this

8 Likes

Phone mic in a plastic tub full of socks as a kick drum

2 Likes

Thought the term eggy bread was invented by my family (the name not recipe) and was shocked to discover otherwise. Loved a bit of eggy bread as a weekend breakfast

2 Likes

Pringle Delivery Method.

2 Likes

Not my fault the world isn’t ready.

:man_shrugging:t2: not my thread.

Confirmed

Pizza crumpets.

1 Like

Nutella stirred into porridge

when I was a kid I thought of putting sunglasses over normal glasses, so I invented prescription shades

1 Like

I invented Facebook and casual sex sites in about 2001. The idea was that people (me) would upload their photos to the site and other people (sexy girls) would say whether they wanted to bang you or not, then we would bang

Samsung Galaxy S7