Things You Thought Were Cool But Didn’t Have And Now Probably Could Buy But Shouldn’t

I used to love these vintage American style work shirts with a name like Tex or something on them but never had one. Could afford to drop a tenner on this but would probably look an absolute twat in it at 37 years old, somehow both greying and balding and not a 15 year old going to see a Fat Wreck band or a mechanic.

Should I buy this?

I also liked those bowling shirts but think the same principle applies.

What did you want but now probably shouldn’t have?

7 Likes

FWIW I like the shirt!

For me, this;

I’ve not bought it yet but it is tempting, isn’t it?

14 Likes

Even I’m a little tempted by that. It’s glorious.

4 Likes

A zx81

5 Likes

I just had a targeted ad for one of these this afternoon!

1 Like

A guitar. I bought one last Christmas. I’m absolutely shit at it. I was rocking out the other night playing Nirvana or something and caught sight in the mirror of this dumpy, bald man with his tongue out, wearing a chunky cable knit jumper and I could just imagine the disapproving looks my teenage self would have given. Fuck that guy though, I’m having fun so I say go for it!

25 Likes

:smiley: omg that’s amazing hahaha.
I like that the internet thinks you’ll want one, whereas I had to go out of my way to search.
So, what colour did you get?!

2 Likes

Nearly got an eBoy haircut last year.

Expectation:

Likely reality:

22 Likes

I still have one of these but you can’t buy it

1 Like

Reckon the whole point of your 30s and 40s is to buy stuff you wanted as a young person but couldn’t afford, so crack on everyone, let’s live those dreams

14 Likes

me at 31 and I could afford more cool shit when I was 18

12 Likes

Mr Frosty

1 Like

Both incredible looks.

1 Like

I think one would be a crushing disappointment now, given how far computers had advanced

1 Like

Have you seen long Furbies? I’d like a long furby

10 Likes

Very, very nearly got this absolute beauty from a vintage shop last week

Kicking myself. It’s in the blue rinse basement if any Leeds folk want it

3 Likes

Oh my god, she is STUNNING. I think you should!!!
Imagine having one glamorously draped over your shoulders like a shawl. The HEIGHT of sophistication :smiley:

4 Likes

I keep getting this targeted advert:

The algorithm knows me so well.

8 Likes

Aw cheers, i didn’t need any sleep tonight :sweat_smile:

3 Likes