Things you’ve done/tried because of other dissers (Rolling)

This is a thread to give kudos to other dissers who either recommended or influenced you to buy/eat/do something or go somewhere.

This thread was inspired by @anon44830896’s recommendation to try invisibobble.com - I got some and they’re great!

I’ve also finally finished the Kanye West podcast recommended by @saps https://dissectpodcast.com/

And I also had chicken kievs tonight mostly because @plasticniki keeps talking about them.

So, what have you tried/done because of another disser?

3 Likes

Quite a bit of music I’ve tried because of recommendations on here.

Anais Mitchell’s “Hades Town” from back in the day and last year’s protomartyr come to mind especially.

Various films - some good, some OK, some utter shite.
Overnight oats - now an everyday part of my diet

Fucking loads of stuff: music, films, books, podcasts, beers, all that good stuff
Went to Okan Ramen on Coldharbour Lane just yesterday on eltham’s recommendation and am going to go to Monohon Ramen soon on aboynamedgoo’s

5 Likes

Peeling ginger with a teaspoon - a disser I can’t remember

3 Likes

Ahem

1 Like

Sploshing.

3 Likes

Too many to remember! I’ll just go with irons’ haggis toastie

1 Like

Have you really though?

SOAWJO

3 Likes

Nope.

Heel plasters are your friend.

1 Like

Storing tins upside down. Kudos whoever you were.

4 Likes

Thank you @saps for recommending that Dissect podcast. Got so much enjoyment out of it and listening to it has genuinely enriched my life.

5 Likes

What are the benefits of this?

Doubles the shelf life

1 Like

Tried lebkuchen on the combined recommendation of @rich-t, @Witches and @incandenza. I am very thankful for that, cheers guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to @anon44830896’s recommendations I had some amazing pancakes in San Francisco and went to a cool little chocolate factory there too

Got into Thundercat last year on the recommendation of @Kallgeese and @Severed799

Stayed at a really nice pub in Herne Hill on my birthday thanks to a DiSer beginning with A, may have been @AcceptanceIII

4 Likes

Seems like @anon44830896 is quite the influencer!

3 Likes

Very disturbing lack of appreciation for me turning so many of you onto swallowing jelly beans with water like they’re pills before a morning run.

Ingrates.

6 Likes