Things you'd like but they are too expensive/hard to get hold of

Annoyingly this travel pillow is not sold in Australia (it’s the Trtl Travel Pillow Plus)

Look at it: what a perfect design, just keep your head upright while you sleep. Those round-the-neck jobs are total balls, aren’t they? This is what I’ve dreamed of.

I mean I can order it to Australia but it’ll take weeks and cost loads extra…and it’s already stupid money (like $104AUD and I think it’s another $22 postage).

Anyway, let’s hear about the stuff out there you want but you aren’t going to have.

EDIT: There are other similar designs but none that look quite as good in terms of support/size…and in any case it seems like they’re all either dodgy Wish-type affairs from China that I know from experience won’t arrive for months or also in the US with huge postage times/costs.

2 Likes

They could improve this design further by putting a velcro patch on the side and making a second pillow that you attach that goes over your shoulder for your partner to rest their head against. I reckon @GentleGiant would really appreciate this extra innovation as I bet they complain about their partner’s bony shoulder as much as my partner does about mine.

2 Likes

These shoes! But they aren’t available in the uk. They’re so beautiful, i would have got them for my birthday next month but buying from abroad with a third party service is too expensive and not worth it. They’re so beautiful though :sob:

3 Likes

Oh yes, very nice. I like that frill to the top.

1 Like

All those records on the V2 imprint (e.g. The Sophtware Slump) that are super rare because of the lack of a reissue

2 Likes

Spotted that the Pixies are playing here next month. £55 a ticket! £55!!!

Theo i was just thinking of this pillow yesterday! Couldn’t remmeber what it was called, thank you.

1 Like

Also ahem

You know I thought there was probably a thread already but I reckoned it was probably old enough that it wouldn’t matter and I couldn’t think what to search for.

Sorry.

I shall continue to log my entire etsy wishlist in the other thread but i wish you well in this endeavour

2 Likes

This looks lovely and soft and sounds very environmentally sound

it’s also $285.

I’ve had one of these (exact brand, not a copy) and it didn’t work and was very uncomfortable.

1 Like

Brilliant OP

3 Likes

The standard or the plus? I only ask because the plus brings in adjustable sizing which the reviewers all rate.

I dunno, I can’t see that making loads of difference though. It was just a hard piece of plastic wrapped in blanket material.

No neck pillow on a plane is ever comfortable so wouldn’t waste the money.

I use a rectangular kids travel one now which I bought in Singapore years ago and it’s always worked miles better than any neck wrap around.

3 Likes

I’m constantly tempted by an Oodie. My friend has one and swears by it. All the designs are hideous though, and it’s like £50 quid for a bit of fleece.

1 Like

My daughter has one and so has her cousin.

Embrace the design and you too could be incredibly toastie

1 Like

You’re luckier than me then. I have no way of using a normal pillow on a plane as never anywhere to rest it.

The headrests often don’t raise quite enough for me so even when I fold in the wings it doesn’t help much.

What I need is a rigid neckbrace type thing to keep me ftom losing it.

Bought one for Mrs HYG (it has quokkas on it) and she’s a big fan. I may have been known to borrow occasionally

3 Likes