Things your boss does that annoys you

Well the obvious one is: comes into the office.

Others off the top of my head: control-freakery, failing to share important information, lying artlessly, being South African.

Exists

Micro managers are the absolute worst and Iā€™m convinced itā€™s fuelled by insecurity about their general bossing skills and a need to cover oneā€™s own arse (also due to insecurity)*

*caveat - probably fine in actual jobs that matter but barely any of us have those

1 Like

Practices his golf swing in the office.

3 Likes

With my boss itā€™s more a pathological desire to do everything himself. To be honest over the last three or so years Iā€™ve been pretty happy to indulge him in this, limiting myself to the odd ā€œwell personally I wouldnā€™t do it that wayā€.

Does a weird little jog whenever he moves around in the office. Heā€™s desperate for people to think ā€˜there goes a very important person with lots of important work to do.ā€™

1 Like

keeps urging me to watch Nacho Libre (his favourite film)

8 Likes

Makes every conversation last about 10 minutes. Asked him something that required a one word answer, ended up stuck listening to him talk for 15 minutes about why I should buy my own domain name for personal emails.

smelly breath

Today my boss told me a five minute anecdote about dirt.

1 Like

Dish it

Honestly, my boss is faultless. Am absolutely blessed.

1 Like

Handed her notice in, which means Iā€™m going to have to find another job too.

His neighbour had a lot of dirt. My boss asked if he could have the dirt for some raised flowerbeds. The neighbour agreed.

They got a truck to deliver the dirt (there was a lot of it). But it had rained, and the truck couldnā€™t safely make it to where the dirt needed to go, so instead dumped the dirt in my bossā€™s driveway.

My boss did not want to move the dirt on his own, so he attempted to bribe his children $100 to move the dirt to where it needed to be. It backfired, though, because they normally get $5 for chores so realised that this was going to be a monumental task. A day later, though, and they decided that they did want the $100 after all.

After four wheelbarrows, though, they had barely dented the big pile of dirt and wanted to give up. So my boss helped them and the dirt got moved to where the dirt was originally supposed to be.

Fin.

1 Like

Has a habit of ringing about 5 minutes before I go to lunch and it ends up being a 30 minute phone call.

Loves a bit of nit picking, if someone has broken a bit of formatting on a spreadsheet or didnā€™t reply to an email (even if they sorted the problem), heā€™ll try and make something of it.

all the songs are about heroin

2 Likes

:wave: hi ericā€™s boss :wave:

1 Like

my HM2 sounds like an angry fly in a jar miritie guys!! haha :sweat:

Making me work standing up every single day from 7th August to 2nd September, with the exception of Sundays and a Bank Holiday (store not open) and 2 days of holiday Iā€™ve booked off. 0 hours contract, eh.

(please GOD can i get a job offer and quit before August because every time i look at my hours sheet i want to die a bit. ā€œjust think of the money!!!ā€ NO, FUCK OFF. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO WALK. AND I LIKE HAVING SPARE TIME.)

This reference ages us both terribly.

1 Like