Things your parents do (polls)

Prefer your other siblings to an extent that they don’t even refer to you as their son sometimes

• Yes
  • No
  • Keep it light mate

0 voters

get into things you could reasonably describe as pyramid selling or just outright in your face scams:

• yes
  • no

0 voters

1 Like

do this and also take heroically mediocre photos nevertheless

• painfully true
  • my dad is sebastiao salgado

0 voters

arrive at the airport too late, but insist on buying things like suncream and toothpaste even though they are available at the destination at far lower prices:

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Ended up disabling my voicemail because of this

my grandma doesn’t believe Yugoslavia is gone to the sands of time

4 Likes

Aren’t dad’s just great?

:heart:

2 Likes

oh yeah, my parents still think Yugoslavia still exists too. My dad still calls the German national team ‘West Germany’ sometimes.

5 Likes

Yes, my dad banned himself from Percy Ingle over some ring nuts

1 Like

Yes but also the other sibling in question is a dog

8 Likes

Regularly manage to get through an entire hour long phone conversation with you without asking anything about you or your life

• Yes
  • No, that would be insane

0 voters

and i’m like

Still believe you couldn’t possibly clean up after yourself as a full grown adult because you were a bit of a messy teen

• Yes and it’s very draining
  • No

0 voters

give detailed instructions on how to cook something like pasta ‘properly’ if you mention thats what you’re having for dinner:

• yes
  • no

0 voters

My mum has a burning hatred for trade unions because of something that happened a good 50 years ago. She also hates the Tories. And Nicola Sturgeon, and by extension the rest of the SNP. Her last Lib Dem MP was Jill Swingset, and she recognised that she was daft too. Not really into environmentalism and thinks Patrick Harvie is daft.

Elections must be hard.

1 Like

thankfully no, but my wife’s parents do this with her. so awful!

Complains about the price of Sky or cable or something relentlessly, but won’t switch to much cheaper streaming services no matter how many times you suggest it

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

not here, my mum still cooks pasta in the fucking microwave because that was a new and exciting thing to do in 1986

7 Likes

Reckon my house could have burned down and it wouldn’t come up in conversation if a house in her road was for sale or the bus timetable had changed.

4 Likes

already polled what I was going to go for (check the ratio on that baby!)

2 Likes