Things you're apparently not allowed to like despite their obvious quality

Brewdog
Foals
Subway
Banksy
Kerouac

Get all uptight below…

You’re about 25 years too old to listen to foals without going on some sort of register

6 Likes

Interested in a debate about quality vs taste here.

Re banksy and brewdog, they’re generally not to my taste.

Don’t listen to/read foals or Kerouac so won’t comment.

Subway is obviously very low down in terms of quality of you were to rank all available sandwiches

1 Like

If you saw someone reading Kerouac while listening to Foals you’d assume they were awful though. Probably a student to boot.

4 Likes

I’m too happy with my own life to notice what other people are reading, really.

It must be so tiring judging everybody.

2 Likes

Obvious quality?

6 Likes

Like or can at least see the appeal in most of them. Subway is awful shit for babies though

5 Likes

People who say stuff like this merely come across as being quite lonely and judgemental, though.

Kerouac is ace. Read Big Sur recently such a bitter-sweet book.

Is breathing tiring?

You seem to notice a lot of things

5 Likes

haven’t read Catcher in the Rye or On the Road since I was a teenager but I assume they’re still, in relative terms, pretty decent books

Subway’s quite nice. Can’t imagine thinking some sandwiches are awful.

1 Like

Brewdog certainly seem to be winning the DiS boards currently at least…

i wanted to like On The Road but it’s really really boring.

and Dean is just like the really annoying kid you knew at school who you try to avoid now even though he always insists on talking to you at length every time you bump into him in the pub.

1 Like

Baby horses - great
Foals the band - bit boring

1 Like

really? thought it was just endless and dull and nothing really happens. took me ages to get through it. i think that style of writing just isn’t really for me.

reassuringly though i just googled “on the road boring” and got loads of results :smiley:

Otherwise known as the M606.

Right the others I can understand but subways? Please explain yourself?

It is literally processed bread with watery vegetables, poor quality meats and overpowering sauce.

Completely unlike other readily-available sandwiches or supermarket ingredients then…