Things you're convinced are a scam but you're not quite sure how they're a scam

You know when you move house or whatever and it takes them 2 weeks to connect your internet, there’s something shifty about that, they’re definitely up to something. What else is a bit shady but you can’t quite place what the swizz is?

1 Like

“Clothes are a great way to express yourself!”

4 Likes

Capitalism

8 Likes

Made a call to enquire about a flat rental fhis morning and the woman wanted my current address, i gave it but felt like it was a scam but not sure how. Just a general feeling of unease and mistrust

1 Like

How prevalent a ‘no refunds’ policy is if you’re unable to make a journey/event you’ve bought, unless you pay more to be able to register a claim.

I paid an extra fee for a ticket off the trainline for a journey I couldn’t make in the end, and to request a refund was such a ball ache. Just ended up writing it off in the end

5 Likes

Those Facebook adverts for events happening in a city that mention no location, times etc, or take payment

2 Likes

Pyramid schemes. Seem fine to me

Captcha

7 Likes

They’re great as long as you aren’t on the bottom

They’re definitely doing something fishy with all this AI around traffic lights and busses.

5 Likes

Smart meters

1 Like

cryptonfts

Vinyl

You know when you pay a company for something the money comes straight out of your account, how come when you get a refund it takes 2-3 days to come back to you. Or is that to do with waiting till it’s earned interest like with gambling companies?

2 Likes

Crossfit

1 Like

Peloton

3 Likes

Cashback sites like Shopbuddies or Quidco or whatever

2 Likes

Anti-fraud reasons, it’s usually quite difficult to sign money out of a business and most companies only let quite high up people do it.

1 Like

When long lost family members contact me about fairly distributing some of their wealth to me.

2 Likes

All the things you see YouTubers advertise a lot

7 Likes