Things you're not getting involved in

What have you seen going on lately that you’re staying well out of?

For me I am staying well out of any of this Harry Styles, Florence Pug, Olivia Wilde movie bullshit. No thank you. I just do not care to know or have an opinion. I’m muting the group chats until they get distracted by something else.

13 Likes

New Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings etc. Couldn’t care less what the goblins are up to now.

11 Likes

But you’re missing out on Chris Pine looking like he’s in physical pain every time he’s interviewed

anything that happens on tiktok.

15 Likes

A job in the Liz Truss cabinet

4 Likes

Web3, and any ensuing Webs

8 Likes

Oh yeah I almost definitely will watch the movie, I like the work of most of these people. I just am not letting how annoying they are IRL into my life, I am not picking a side, I am not looking at the stupid videos of somebody not looking at somebody else. No thinkpieces, no memes, no nothing.

2 Likes

Only found out Flo is english last week, was convinced she was american

2 Likes

Oh god I slightly indulged last night and was like… you could read anything into these. I want solid proof! BORING otherwise. Haha.

Crypto

11 Likes

Yes, this!! People must be starving because this is not good food

2 Likes

IS this the spitting thing!? i saw a tweet and then backed away slowly. confusing as hell. so yeah, that.

crypto/nfts and all that. showed some interest and thought i try and keep up but nope, no interest left as it just goes round in circles.

nu-metal revival - it’s funny and all, but nope. I like my nu-metal straight up terrible, not mixed with rubbish hardcore and no humour.

oh, saw an article about an ‘indie revival’ meaning stuff from around 2005-10 i think. No way jose

2 Likes

I found her American accent in Midsommar more convincing than her Norwich accent in Fighting with My Family.

1 Like

I keep seeing it referred to as Indie Sleaze. It’s kind of weird having things you lived through packaged up as the “retro” option

3 Likes

Hold on is Flo Paige in that. :exploding_head:

I dont know anything about any of this and i now i cant even ask you what any of it means

(Refusing to google)

which? she is in both the films mentioned in that post

yeah, it freaks me out. I’m 41 and there seems to be more and more.

Indie sleaze :face_vomiting:

1 Like

owt

The daily/evening threads. I’m not good with small talk, I need a thread to be about something.

3 Likes