Things You're Not Sure If You've Done Or Not

I know it’s a cliche to be all haha can’t remember my 20s, but 26 and 27th years are genuinely missing from my mind

Not only am I 100% confident I’ve done this (and I was very good at it), but I am also 100% confident that I did archery within a few minutes of doing so as well (and was also very good at that too). What I can’t remember though is whose stag do it was.

1 Like

Ok, this is reassuring me that it did happen, it’s just my memory of what the abseiling was like that is wrong. It was on a school trip to Butlin’s Minehead ATP fans (if it did happen)

1 Like

They came over with Tad and Mudhoney I think, before I saw them.

I saw them at Reading in 91, then at the Astoria and The Kilburn National before seeing them again at Reading in 92.

Had a ticket for Brixton Academy in 94 too. Didn’t go ahead obviously.

1 Like

go on a steam train

You can’t make me.

4 Likes

Yeah pretty sure abseiling and the like were staples of shows like We Are The Champions and Why Don’t You and all that crap. Basically in the 1970s/80s kids weren’t allowed to play frisbee in electricity substations, but just about everything else was fair game.

2 Likes

I think the only one I can think of is: drink a yard of ale. On balance I don’t think I have done it, but I might have.

I’ve definitely tried this, never been successful though

1 Like

I love that the poll further back in the thread suggests that over half of people aren’t sure if they’ve done archery or not.

Surely we’re a standard cross-section of the public.

Quite often find since WFH I’ve no idea whether or not I’ve brushed my teeth that day. Think I have today, couldn’t say for sure though.

Yeah I definitely did abseiling as a yoot. Scared the shit out of me… Think I was about ten as I remember ghetto supastar was the anthem of the week.

1 Like

Not only have I definitely done archery, I have definitely done it both right and left handed.

Was told when I did it a few years ago that cos I’m left eye dominant, even though I’m right handed, I should try left handed. Seem to remember being roughly equally adequate each way.

Yeah we got dangled off some rocks by a bit of string whilst th geography teacher went for a cigarette so I’d say this is a yes.

2 Likes