Things you've done in Warwickshire

I’m going to be quite irked if it isn’t

1 Like

Been to Warwick Castle
Been to Stratford upon Avon
Been to Warwick Uni to do stuff
Played hockey in Leamington Spa

Oh Jesus I got absolutely fucking lost in Warwickshire.

Was doing some teacher training stuff and got invited to do a course at the University of Warwick in 2006.

Got out of the train at Warwick and was met with the horrible information that they keep the university of Warwick, not in Warwick as you might perhaps expect, but in fucking Coventry.

1 Like

Ate my first ever curry

Very nearly got caught out like that once, but fortunately a colleague mentioned it wasn’t actually in Warwick. I wonder why it’s called that; did they think Coventry sounded too common?

1 Like

Warwick, the Hyacinth Bucket of universities

2 Likes

My great Uncle was the Mayor of Warwick (or Warwickshire, I’m not sure) a long time ago (he’s dead now).

His daughter, can’t work out what relation to me she is, but I went to see her last year for an afternoon and she’s in her 70’s now. Anyway, she was telling me she went out and got hammered in her early 20’s whilst my great Uncle was the Mayor of Warwick and the Queen Mother was there for some opening of something. She’s pulls up in her boyfriends car with a hangover from a heavy night before goes to head inside and the press all took pictures of her thinking she was Princess Anne.

7 Likes

I’ve parked at the car park of Warwick Castle and walked up to the entrance, which is lined with people in medieval cosplay. Then I’ve taken a look at the entrance price for Warwick Castle, thought “fuck this” and then wandered off to do something else instead.

I think I’ve stayed in a B&B and a holiday cottage in Warwickshire but I can’t remember for certain.

2 Likes

Visited a big park in Leamington Spa.
Got fucking soaked in heavy rain at Kenilworth Castle.
Tried unsuccessfully to obtain a prescription for migraine medication.
Went to Shakespeare’s gaff and got photo bombed by a twat in a bucket hat.
Had big pints at a Pizza Express.
Watched ‘The Death of Stalin’.
Cut our holiday short as our daughter had roseola.

(Excerpts from ‘Warwickshire Holiday Moments and Reflections Thereupon’, CeeJay, Faber and Faber 2020, £15 hardback)

5 Likes

Had many a wee wee at Warwick services, both north and southbound

As castles go it was a good one. They had lots going on including falconry and a trebuchet

I have never been to Warwickshire, obviously.

I think it was something like £25 each. Probably fine if we had the whole day but I think we were only stopping off for an hour or so.

Is there a castles thread on here? I like a castle.

Worked there for the last 7 years.

Had a shit breakfast at Debenhams cafe in Nuneaton last financial quarter.

Got my fucking heart broken, that’s what. Ffs.

Got a nice jumper that weekend tho.

Also some top teenage fumbling (separate occasion)

Can’t believe Sir Ian McKellan’s cock was mentioned in the first reply and it’s just been completely ignored. Crazy, crazy times

1 Like

Born in Leamington. Lived in Long Itchington. Been in all corners of the county. It’s simultaneously brilliant and shit at the same time. Definitely a part of the country that is to grow up in and then leave once you can.

Warwick Uni is enough in Coventry. Worst thing about getting off in Warwick is that the only direct route back to Coventry is by bus, and the nearest one from the train station will take you an hour and a half to get to Coventry, and doesn’t go direct to the university. Tourists also get off at the wrong station for Stratford-upon-Avon (Parkway ahead of the final stop in town).

It’s home of two of the greatest writers of all time, Big Willie Shakespeare and Average Height For A Healthy Adult Male Neil Kulkarni

1 Like