Think we should declare a moratorium on calling people a Tory

People on here are very happy to talk a lot about how normalising a particular type of discourse in a society starts allowing unacceptable creep into casually oppressive language, but that doesn’t seem to apply here to terms that are pejorative of non-lefties.

3 Likes

it’s a difficult to find what you are comfortable with in your heart when you really feel like being on the right is fundamentally harmful to people. I mean, I don’t want people to be on the right, I don’t want people to feel that way about the world, it makes me sad and angry

At the 2017 General Election turnout in Wellingborough was 67% - just under the overall turnout of 68%. So not especially low.

I don’t see the hypocrisy I’m afraid

1 Like

so much for the tolerant leftist DiS posters

1 Like

Only been Tory since 2005 though - was a pretty swinging marginal before that.

How do you know that?

3 Likes

Probably for the best. In my experience the average lifetime of a Dreamcast is about 5 minutes before v it self destructs.

1 Like

Quite enjoying this developing little side joust.

10 Likes

She should be addressed as Ms Amos at all times.

It’s literally the paradox of tolerance, isn’t it.

1 Like

I mean if I believe that right wing views are harmful to people and cruel, I don’t want to condone having those views. I honestly don’t feel like it’s a right worth protecting

1 Like

Yes please. Do you have lemon?

1 Like

Do you not think pejorative language can be harmful to people and cruel?

1 Like

lemon cake is probably the best cake all round isn’t it?

Can’t really have a shit lemony cake

3 Likes

that’s because the left and right aren’t the same thing. One is objectively bad to me the other isn’t

I dunno what I can say about that whilst being honest to what I feel really

yes I do. that’s why it’s important to try and bring people along and make them understand where they are going wrong in a way that’s not personally abusive

pcbe

1 Like

that’s just not hypocrisy though