Think we should declare a moratorium on calling people a Tory

i mean obv this is funny

i just sort of wanted to work through all this because you making this thread had my irony meter explode. And we’ve worked it through down this thread as to why for better or worse the sense of judgement and moral arbitration was never even going to stop a little bit.

that is: nothing will change at all, and hardly anyone truly wants it to underneath

if someone says to me “I think I should own more stuff than you because less people can do my job so I am worth more” do I have to agree with that?

Aye. If your personal ideology is *every man for himself" (how sexist!) and “offence can’t be caused, only taken” I won’t lose any sleep when you suddenly find you’re not on the top of the pile any more.

so why make the thread other than trying to sound magnanimous

because most people on here aren’t holding those views or taking pride in them

I mean I guess I need to put in the work to try and find and understand how “I think I should own more stuff than you because less people can do my job so I am worth more” can come from a place of compassion. Maybe there is a way and I’m just too stupid to see it

correct. but we do a good collective job of trying to shame people nonetheless in an effort to be ‘lefter than thou’ on here. always will. it’s coo’ it’s just hilarious to do a whole bit like it won’t be the case forever.

i think you’re putting that sentiment in the mouths of nonexistent dissers.

that’s my definition of the right

that’s not what (i hope) most people here think (as in your made up quote)

I often find myself clicking the Tory option in our great dis polls.

i drive an audi

I wonder if there’s a good reduced way to condense the views of the right.

if you for instance said: I think people need to be incentivised to work harder for everyone’s collective benefit but we should try to keep the inequality to a minimum where we can

would that be right wing?

I watched an episode or two when at a friend’s place.

you went round to watch question time? twice?

i think we’ve found someone it IS okay to perscute

Before me and Clive moved in to a flat together, I would stay at his place. His old flat had a TV. His flatmate had arranged for the flat to have a TV licence.

To go back to xylo’s earlier point, though, the usage of “Tory” on DiS is a long way from meaning “voter for the Conservative Party”.

It’s used on here as a “humorous” shorthand to criticise certain opinions and/or life choices.

this is like when people explain too detailed an alibi to police