Think we should declare a moratorium on calling people a Tory

Probably for the best. In my experience the average lifetime of a Dreamcast is about 5 minutes before v it self destructs.

1 Like

Quite enjoying this developing little side joust.

10 Likes

She should be addressed as Ms Amos at all times.

It’s literally the paradox of tolerance, isn’t it.

1 Like

I mean if I believe that right wing views are harmful to people and cruel, I don’t want to condone having those views. I honestly don’t feel like it’s a right worth protecting

1 Like

Yes please. Do you have lemon?

1 Like

Do you not think pejorative language can be harmful to people and cruel?

1 Like

lemon cake is probably the best cake all round isn’t it?

Can’t really have a shit lemony cake

3 Likes

that’s because the left and right aren’t the same thing. One is objectively bad to me the other isn’t

I dunno what I can say about that whilst being honest to what I feel really

yes I do. that’s why it’s important to try and bring people along and make them understand where they are going wrong in a way that’s not personally abusive

pcbe

1 Like

that’s just not hypocrisy though

isn’t the term false equivalence or something?

you’re making out like it’s some Lilliputian thing

Tell you what is objectively funny and that’s when gammons complain they’re being racially abused based on the colour of their skin

10 Likes

if someone says to me “I think I should own more stuff than you because less people can do my job so I am worth more” do I have to agree with that?

Aye. If your personal ideology is *every man for himself" (how sexist!) and “offence can’t be caused, only taken” I won’t lose any sleep when you suddenly find you’re not on the top of the pile any more.

2 Likes

because most people on here aren’t holding those views or taking pride in them

I mean I guess I need to put in the work to try and find and understand how “I think I should own more stuff than you because less people can do my job so I am worth more” can come from a place of compassion. Maybe there is a way and I’m just too stupid to see it