Thinking about your death

it’s egotistical to even ponder your generation’s place in things.

if he’s such a big activist why did he even have kids? adding to global overpopulation and knowing full well the future they face? sounds like a spoofer.

i dunno, just in a philosophical sense.

Meat

Shovel

Grave

Do you have any links to any of his sources? Or similar articles? Really interested in this stuff :confused:

Death terrifies me, has done since a very early age. I think it’s that fear of death that motivates me to do what I do, to be so active and open in every part of my life.

If I went early (and I plan to live until eighty) I’d like a ridiculous funeral, all my friends and family drunk out of their minds, playing music until the wee hours, doing what I’d have liked to do. Death is a certainty and we must approach it with a sense of realism and understanding.

1 Like

Yep, terrifies me too. In terms of the ‘ridiculous funeral’ thing, my dad passed away just over a year ago. His final request of me and my brother was that we have an almighty piss up for him, with live music and great food. We did just that, and it turned into a proper celebration of his life rather than something maudlin. That said, at the funeral itself he had Lippy Kids by Elbow played. It absolutely destroys me every time now.

I occasionally think about my own playlist (don’t know why, saying as I won’t be there). At the moment There She Goes My Beautiful World (Nick Cave), Rockin in the Free World (Neil Young), and Movin On Up (Curtis Mayfield) are contenders.

2 Likes

Also, the real answer:

8 Likes

I want tears so im gonna stick on The Heretic by The Sound of Animals Fighting

surely it’s scary because it happens to everyone?

you’ve basically won life then. I’m very jealous!

1 Like

Worried my funeral will be like this

Or this

People have been warning for centuries that these are going imminently cause catastrophic levels of mortality, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

A humanist funeral, please, everyone in fancy dress, a dance remix of You’re My Mate by Right Said Fred to send me off.

5 Likes

i think about this stuff a lot, partly because of being drawn to morbid thoughts and partly because i’m incredibly narcissistic.

i’d like to be euthanised on my 65th birthday. i see absolutely no benefit to me personally living past my sell-by date, would much rather have an end date to work towards. i’ll pay for/plan for my funeral in advance and have a big party before i go to Switzerland and get zapped.

i want Time To Pretend by MGMT and Your Life In The End by Prince Rama to be played at the funeral and if there are fewer than 100 people there then i’m going to haunt everyone for eternity. my sole aim in life is to have a sell-out funeral. i want everyone to dress up fashionably for the occasion and my bezzie mates to be in the front row. ideally they would break out into an impromptu rendition of It Wasn’t Me but think that might be a bit hopeful.

i’d like to be cremated and my ashes be mixed with biodegradable glitter. have a wee bit thrown in Sarajevo, a bit in Tonbridge Castle, a bit at the Angels’ ground and a bit in North Hykeham. the rest can be kept in an urn painted like a peacock feather and i’ll haunt my brother every time he uses a racist slur for ‘banter’.

6 Likes

Do you automatically assume that you’ll live to die of old age related stuff (past 70)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Harvest as much of me as is possible for helping others (be it transplant or research), burn up the rest, get a few white tulips if they are in season and play “Sing Me to Sleep” by Chad Van Gaalen. Don’t spend too much money on it.

oh and i want daffodils on my grave because they are lovely and inspire hope

2 Likes