Thirsty? No! I said Thursday

@xylo reporting on nike burnings in…Strood?

1 Like

bloke sitting on the pavement is having a really shit day

1 Like

I did not realise you’re in Kent too! How does your daughter think it went? My son decided not to take it (I let him decide as he would’ve been borderline I think) and he did well in secondary school, whereas he may have struggled in a grammar. It’s a tricky decision as a parent though. I went to a grammar and it afforded my opportunities that I wouldn’t have had otherwise, but morally I object to them.

Might move back tbh

1 Like

You should go for it! I’ll bet you look lovely.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: Maybe one day!

You should and then we could hang out

I went to a grammar too - and it worked a treat for me (but completely failed my younger brother). They remain a complete anathema to me. Subjecting 10 year olds to exams that last most of the day, and using said exams to determine future educational standing, is ludicrous

My daughter thinks that it went alright. It was her choice to take it too. We’ve really stressed the point, though, that the result is of no importance whatsoever, and that what’s important is just giving it her best shot. As I said above, we’re sending her to a non-grammar regardless; there are some really great options around here.

1 Like