This Country (TV show)

I enjoy This Country. The episode from the second series with the vicar’s son was particularly good

4 Likes

The most recent episode was a big improvement on what has so far been a pretty naff second season IMHO. First season was great in places.

I think the while thing is a masterpiece. Was late to it but watched the whole lot over the last couple of weeks. Absolutely love it

final season starts tonight :+1:

5 Likes

The episode where he gets a girlfriend is one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen but it’s brilliant

5 Likes

No spoilers please I won’t be watching till tomorrow morning!

Fuck that was really good.

1 Like

“If you’re reading this it means I’m 6 feet deep. No not with a chick this time, in the parish cemetery lol”

1 Like

Always avoided this cos it seemed incredibly lazy to just carbon copy Gareth Keenan into your own sitcom. Worth a watch then?

Yes, it is very good. I thought the same.

I was pretty anti mockumentary but this and People Just Do Nothing (which is a bit better) proved me wrong.

Only thing I don’t like is the vicar. Too actory.

It’s great and the character isn’t really like Gareth Keenan to be honest (well, aside from in looks)

2 Likes

keep seeing an advert for this on bus stops and it is painfully unfunny.

also her appearance on Off Menu made her sound like a complete fucking idiot.

there is no way this programme is good. sorry.

Best episode they’ve done.

More fool you, badmanreturns, more fool you!

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Could do a This Country tour, the dump, TK Maxx and Zombie escape room in Swindon.

2 Likes

Refreshments will be upside down crumpets.

1 Like

Absolutely no horse meat pies.

1 Like
1 Like

“Gunther loved Rachel and she didn’t even know he existed, and he should have focused on what he did have, which was a great little business”

5 Likes