This guy is of above average attractiveness

Ah yeah for sure, I’ve covered how absurd I find the notion of trends time and time again on here though and I guess this falls into that camp. Find it a very odd aspect of human behaviour innit.

as yer man @anon5266188 says, solid face, whatever the era
sky- nah, don’t know
gomez - classic look. great in the year 1017bc

Mickey Rooney was the biggest earning star in Hollywood at one point, and was married to Ava Gardner, BJ Baker, Martha Vickers and Elaine Devry (amongst others).

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Like I’ve suddenly seen a dramatic uptick in the last few years of totally normal looking teenage girls feeling sad about their thin eyebrows/face being too long. Neither of those things used to be a common worry, unless you had an unusually long face or no eyebrows. And you see vapid stuff on things like Buzzfeed articles laughing at how terrible eyebrows were in the past.

I reckon the whole super-thick, super made up eyebrow thing in now is going to be laughed at in the future like 80s hair.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that the increased visibility of sportsmen in advertising and modelling is one of the reasons whey men with eyes that are closer to each other are seen as more attractive these days.

If you look at top sportsmen competing in sports in which you have to judge the flight of a moving object at speed (eg tennis, cricket and football to a lesser extent), their eyes tend to be closer together than the average.

1 Like

This site is shite. I’ll be ‘liking’ one of your posts next…

1 Like

THE SITE IS FINE MARCKEE

Preaching to the choir here for sure. I remember when I was at school the girls would be plucking their eyebrows super thin and now they’re making them thick as hell. I find it all thoroughly depressing if I’m honest, one of the myriad of ways girls (and increasingly boys as well) are made to feel bad about themselves in order to make money for some arsehole of an industry.

When Cara Delevigne first started appearing in magazines she was ridiculed for her eyebrows being out of the ordinary. They don’t look unusual in the slightest now.

1 Like

OH FFS SEAN!

This and contouring.

There are so many shit hairstyles for men at the moment too and in ten years Buzzfeed or whoever takes their place will be churning out a thousand pieces on bad 2010s hair the same way as they do now with listicles on mullets and denim from 2003.

1 Like

As bamos once said, once you discover the extra ‘n’ in Cara Delevingne’s name you can’t stop looking at it. Discover away guys.

do people (you guys) pay much attention to latest hairstyles and fashion etc?

I watched a movie the other week about Chet Baker and there were some solid moustaches in there. thought I’d quite like a moustache on the back of this. and that’s what I now have. didn’t have to consult a modern fashion mag or get the green light from @elthamsmateowen to come to this decision

there were some beautiful high waisted, loose looking trousers too. real nice, been trawling the chazzas for dead mans trousers on the back of this

Nah, not if I can help it mate.

Did have a shit haircut the other day that I’m still miffed about though, you know that bit where they hold up a bit of your hair and the scissors at the point they’re intending to cut it before they actually cut it to check the length? This prick didn’t bother with that bit, just went straight for it, took way too much off, I look like a thuggish baby.

I pay attention, because I find it interesting, but I never change what I’m wearing really.

Don’t think I’ve changed my look in about a decade and a half, since I chopped off the curtains, started wearing slimmer fit jeans and less baggy t-shirts.

please elaborate, as this surprises me a lot.

2 Likes

have you considered the hat technique?

They’ll be like “why were all the clothes drab?” “Why did everyone have an undercut?”

Yeah me too