This is a thing now? What’s next?

Where’s-a the past-a man this morning? Eh!

PCBE

1 Like

where did egg in fish pie come from?
you’re supposed to have that, aren’t you?

*waves *

i’m fairly sure that traditionally, you should pop hard boiled eggs in
can’t be sure

4 Likes

dunno who is best to ask…
i’ve already summoned marckee about the coffee grounds in the sink thing and he was so wrong cause i googled to verify

2 Likes

Couple of questions:

• for my first attempt, I made tagliatelle (using the cutter after I’d rolled it out). How do you stop the tagliatelle from sticking to itself prior to cooking?
  • for my second attempt, I made papardelle. It felt like I’d made this too thin - any idea how thick it’s supposed to me? I went up to the second thinnest setting. Also, does it matter if the edges are a bit uneven / scrappy? Do these get used or binned?

Overall I’m pretty happy with the results both times; just need a bit of refining to get it just right.

i think hard boiled eggs in fish pie is a thing now

1 Like

he doesn’t eat fish! What will he know?!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for hand made noodles with authentic dried herb flavour accoutrement to be available through the post.

Nigella says YES TO EGGS

Kedgeree is nice

2 Likes

:scream:

WHAT.

This looks like a piss-take.

• Hang the tagliatelle up after cutting, by draping it over a rail (a wooden spoon balanced between two kitchen rolls works)
  • Second thinnest is usually about right. I’d try and re-use the edges if I could.
2 Likes

It makes a very good clamp for when you need to hold a mat in place on your worktop.

Yeah, I don’t eat fish, so no idea.

Is a fish pie like kedgeree? That usually has egg in it.

1 Like

Well, I guess if that’s your vice…

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

1 Like

a *pas-take

4 Likes

Your avatar makes me feel so sad :frowning: PJ!!!

1 Like

love an egg in with the fish pie - my mum would always do it

1 Like