This is sad

???

eh

Nigel is basically DiS

Nigel the lonely DiSer dies as he lived, surrounded by nuts magazines and his record collection

He was finally joined by three real life members of his species. However, Nigel failed to befriend them, and then he died.

Yup

“I think it must have been quite a frustrating existence. Whether or not he was lonely, he certainly never got anything back, and that must have been very strange experience, when he spent years courting. I think we all have a lot of empathy for him, because he had this fairly hopeless situation.”

only needs one word changed

“I think it must have been quite a frustrating existence. Whether or not he was lonely, he certainly never got anything back, and that must have been very strange experience, when he spent years posting. I think we all have a lot of empathy for him, because he had this fairly hopeless situation.”

But he never showed any interest in the real-life birds, said Bell, instead remaining “aloof”, chattering to his concrete mate while the real-life birds got on with business in a different part of the colony.

also

But he never showed any interest in the real-life birds, said Bell, instead remaining “aloof”, chattering to his Croatian mate while the real-life birds got on with business in a different part of the colony.

surrounded by pretend,concrete members of his species? Lived the fucking dream, mate!

Can’t stop thinking about this. Poor Nigel.

I like how they thought he could be the paradigm of gannets lured by concrete but it turns out he was just the one weirdo who wanted a concrete gf

Ok, this is the first post I read in this thread so I guess I should read the article now.

I’m laughing hysterically but I also kinda want to cry

RIP NIGEL
CANDLE IN THE WIND

You could say he was cemental

You don’t have to though