This is the best Darkness song

Fucking classic

3 Likes

Fucking love that debut album so much. Love you barley but your wrong here, they knew what they were doing by putting this gem as the opener.

for those that don’t give a fuck na naananana nuck.

4 Likes

Whole album is superb

1 Like

Holding My Own as well what a closer

1 Like

Top 10 albums of the 21st century no fucking doubt.

1 Like

The last minute thirty of Growing On Me is genuinely a brilliant piece of music

4 Likes

And Get Your Hands Off My Woman is the British Turbonegro

2 Likes

The Darkness were genuinely the biggest band in the UK for like 6 months

4 Likes

@NeilYoung did they get big in the USA??

There was period when Permission To Land came out I played that album every day for probably 3 months straight. Thought they were going to be bigger than the Beatles.

3 Likes

Permission to Land was big, they have a big place in small town America Connecticut with me and the lads thats for sure.

3 Likes

get your hands off my woman MOTHER FUCKER!!

3 Likes

First song i heard when gonzo played it when i was 12 and my dad was like err what the hell is this

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard a British debut like that since probably Definitely Maybe. Thought they would conquer the world.

1 Like

Oh what a thread, forgot how much I love this band. Don’t care what they did after Permission To Land, doesn’t matter. Record brings me so much joy. Probably will listen to it all weekend now. It’s an A.

2 Likes

Get some Reuben on

Obviously I Believe In A Thing Called Love was the first single. I vividly remember hearing that tune driving in the backwoods of CT and my buddy in my truck (huge Queen fan) was like “WHO THE FUCK IS THAT!?!?”

What a BIG tune Love Is Only A Feeling is. 80’s arena rock glamor guitar. There’s not anywhere near a bad song on Permission To Land.

Third one!