This Little Mix legal action thing

I was kind of getting this until the suggestion about the 2 support acts also. Compensation culture or reasonable claims?

Whats the legal duty?

Obviously reasonable.

Why shouldn’t the support acts be signed too?

Why don’t you start a label and do it yourself

“reasonable adjustments”

Sounds like this was all a bit last minute, so probably too late to get it sorted for the support acts as well. The promoter really should have agreed much earlier though given the size of the show.

I’m not really into music. not to that degree. Don’t really even go to see live bands.

Ohhh I sorry I think you were telling a joke that I didn’t get about the word ‘signed’. I ruin everything I touch.

Obviously if there is laws in place to provide it then they should’ve done it immediately and without quibble. Bit silly really considering the money that the concert would’ve have taken.

Pretty amused however at the thought of a signer have to sign little mix raunchy lyrics to some little kids :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope suggesting this might be ‘compensation culture’ is an ofrensive joke and not an actual point.

I’d say her compensation was not having to listen to little mix!!1!1!

I have no opinion on this, although I have a lot of sympathy for deaf people, and its one of my crusades at work to give fair admissions to deaf/blind people

what would happen if it was some little indie wanker band playing to 20 people, what happens then? Could you follow legal proceedings then as well? Dunno.

totally reasonable claim. More often than not concerts will not be fully accessible for a myriad of reasons. Of course, not all promoters will know what reasonable adjustments need to be implemented but in this case the parents contacted the promoter ahead of the concert to arrange for an interpreter. She shouldn’t have to threaten legal action to get this put in place.

I suspect the promoters were being tight and didn’t want to shell out for interpreters for the whole concert.

Yep its fairly common in events to see the few hundred pounds it costs as not worth it.

Also there are plenty of freelance BSL and speech to text interpreters who would have been available and could have done with this cash.

They hired one?

yeah i’m just pointing out that even at fairly short notice it is not an unreasonable request.

deserves more likes

I think the principle behind reasonable adjustments is that it has to be practical, so I think for a big little mix concert it would have been easy for them to arrange in advance, a little diy gig probably would be less practical, no idea where the threshold is though until someone challenges it

I’m with you on this now after a little think.

I don’t think it is an unreasonable request - especially if theres a dedicated company to provide it.

Do you think Im_on_safaris point is valid though? I think we’re all adult enough to accept theres grey areas and whereas a huge gig like little mix SHOULD provide it, should The Beer Brothers at the dog and duck provide one? I dunno, would like to hear YOUR view.

We’ve never come across this issue as promoters, but then again, we do tend to put on terrible noise bands with no lyrics.