This review of the Cabbage album is a disgrace

I thought any reviews about Cabbage would try and just sweep the incident and fall out under the carpet (which is bad in itself) somehow doing the opposite is worse. Which I wasn’t expecting.

1 Like

Imagine this was the hill you wanted to die on. Imagine.

7 Likes

So in the same month Dom Gourlay makes DiS look bad over the Paul Draper stuff and now he drops this shit on everyone. Fuck this.

?

Or should I not ask?

Now Dom wasn’t there on DiS business but the shit still dropped at DiS’ door.
https://community.drownedinsound.com/uploads/short-url/xO1gxHws0T9HrssVngpcXQeVxwQ.jpeg

So in the one month Dom through association has established DiS as enemy of mental health and assault victims.

Just read this review and christ these are some dismal politics.

1 Like

What happened to cause that reaction?

Here’s the thread. I don’t want misquote or misrepresent. Paul Draper - #98 by anon19005845

1 Like

Oh… Is this the gigwise interview? Seemed a bit odd, didn’t realise Paul Draper was implicating Dom for the show going sour.

1 Like

not been seen in 2 days
is there anyone else who’s able to take it down?

Just tweeted them both about it; hopefully one of them is available to do something soon.

6 Likes

I think a lot of people are still stuck in the thinking that only a bad action can cause harm - so since a music review isn’t inherently a bad thing to do, how could it cause any damage? It might not come from a malicious place but like you said, it’s a pretty ignorant view to still hold.

Literally cannot believe this has been written and published. Want to give Sean the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s just gone up without being vetted but fucking hell.

20 Likes

Anything less than apology, retraction and obviously taking the article down will be incredibly disappointing. Given the writer’s doubling down on Twitter id hope that dis wouldn’t have him work for them in the future too

10 Likes

Pretty shocking review in every way. Was the intention to shock and create clickbait

That’s what I presume is the case.

I don’t think there’s much of a chain of command these days.

4 Likes

I don’t think it should be taken down. I always disagree with deleting things that have been published as press articles/reviews. Some sort of apology and an article above the review, links to charities etc. Would probably be better.

1 Like

It would explain why it reads so poorly as well (actual content aside, it’s got some abysmal sentences and errors in it).

3 Likes

Dunno. If it’s been posted without Sean 4 eyeing it, given how tied the site is to him as an individual and his reputation I think it would be fair to delete it (with a public apology and retraction)

3 Likes

Take it down, print an apology for printing offside bullshit, bin the melt off.

14 Likes