This thing people are doing where they collectively convince a kid that they've been turned invisible

This was funnier when it was done on adults (Eg that video of the magician thing from the other month that was posted here).

Some of the ones with kids that have popped up since then have been unnecessarily cruel, imho.

1 Like

On a whim, my dad once dressed up as a woman to pretend to be an aging relative that he and my mum had forgotten to tell us about, who had just dropped in one day to surprise us.

My brothers and I came home from school to find this weird old woman who looked a bit like our dad sat in the lounge and we had to be nice and polite to her despite the obvious trauma. The big reveal made my little brother cry and none of us knew how to react.

Fucking nice one lads.

40 Likes

I canā€™t remember. Probably? Why the fuck would I suspect otherwise? I think I posted a photo of him on old DiS, Iā€™ll see if I can find it.

This is very funny tbh

10 Likes

Ahaha.

Outstanding shabs by olā€™ pa DotS.

8 Likes

I remember my little brother had a collection of stones that he had found. Me and my next younger brother decided to pretend that the stones were worth an absolute fortune. I was getting my calculator out and working out how much money heā€™s get if he auctioned them, then obviously we had to tell him that we were joking. He was absolutely gutted - felt well bad.

1 Like

my dad and grandparents used to tell me, up until about age 5, that a supernatural beast (el cojon) was stalking the garden at night, and if I went too near the back door, itā€™d eat my genitalia. worked.

probably gone too far with this one, eh.

3 Likes

Itā€™d be funnier if it was an original idea but itā€™s directly copied from Magic For Humans on Netflix, right?

Kids lie to wind up their parents all the time, they shouldnā€™t give it out if they canā€™t take it.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a bit J Walter Weatherman, isnā€™t it?

12 Likes

If this was done to me when I was a kid I would have found it funny and good

6 Likes

takes notes

2 Likes

The fact that at the end the kid says ā€˜oh my god that was awesomeā€™ makes me think youā€™re probably fine.

Ban all scary movies, theme park rides or anything that gives you a rush from being afraid!

3 Likes

Will say itā€™s funnier when itā€™s an adult being tricked though. The one with the guy in the outdoor auditorium is amazing

1 Like

Also thatā€™s got a professional magician, better filming, itā€™s better choreographed etc.
Think itā€™s funnier with adults because itā€™s more daft that they believe it.

2 Likes

el cojon

:smiley:

7 Likes

Girl I knew had her birthday on the 5th of November and until she was 8 her parents convinced her that everyone was setting off fireworks for her birthday.

2 Likes

When I was young I made my little brother watch The Exorcist. I also gave him whisky and said heā€™d like it. I once put a horror mask on a balloon, tied it to a pole and then put it up to his bedroom window at night just after heā€™d gone to bed. We havenā€™t spoken to each other in years.

6 Likes

I reckon, and this might be a bit of a reach but hear me out, that the kidā€™s family might be better at understanding his character and how heā€™s likely to react to this prank than a bunch of people on the internet who have seen (or not seen) a minute long video.

2 Likes

yeah one of the two

4 Likes