This Time With Alan Partridge

My mate Michael :smiley:

9 Likes

Weirdly that episode felt like the closest they’ve went to the original chat show series since that ended.

4 Likes

‘…if there was a big accident’

4 Likes

Cheers, pet

2 Likes

Coogan has completely given up trying to do any sort of accent. He’s getting more and more Mid as he gets older.

Simon doing the mimes for the different Annes at the start may be my favourite moment of the series. Episode was a bit patchy but great series overall.

4 Likes

Susannah Fielding is so, so fucking good. Genuinely think Jennie Gresham’s the best post-Tim from the Office Tim from the Office.

5 Likes

so glad we got to see the oast house. him on the sofa with the robot was so funny

4 Likes

Bit disappointed they’ve gone down the Alan imploding route again. Just started to click for me in terms of the ensemble cast. Think they could get another two series out of the format as it is.

‘And Singapore’

1 Like

Also took me far too long to realise Hugh’s arse was out

4 Likes

Having listened to the Oasthouse podcast, was really gutted to hear about the dog :frowning:

4 Likes

Don’t think it was the strongest ending but really enjoyed the series overall.

What was with the tooth badge thing?

Partridge has been wearing one all series. Having the Geordie guy wear one off his mate Michael too means hes still alive

The author is dead so for me the tooth badge is a sardonic comment on the stupidity of BBC enforced poppydom

1 Like
10 Likes

Julian Fellowes. I don’t like Julian Fellowes!

1 Like

was just about to post this. Seems like he’s clearly taking a (well-deserved) dig at Clarkson there, no wonder he looks so stone-faced.

2 Likes

Have been watching a few clips of MMM and I love it - need to watch the whole thing. Feels really authentically Partridge - those brief clips of him in the studio/having simmering ‘banter’ with Dave Clifden were some of my favourite bits of IAP so a whole programme based around radio Partridge is :ok_hand: Sidekick Simon is ace as well.

I think I avoided it until now because I thought it was just like a podcast or something that you could only listen to.

2 Likes