Thoroughly Thursday

morning all :wave:

literally nothing but meetings today, save for an hour this afternoon where I guess I need to do all my work? then after work there’s a three hour work social zoom call thing scheduled. might have to give that a miss as I’d like to go in theory but also fuck that.

might go for a walk after work part 1 finishes, not sure where but I think my legs/brain could do with a stroll for a bit, even if it is probably super cold outside still. plus it’s not far off being the weekend again I guess???

:partying_face: It’s my Friday
:heart_eyes: I’m seeing family tomorrow for the first time in 6 months
:beer: Posh beer shop on my street opened on Monday

10/10 morning really, might have a coffee to celebrate

11 Likes

Three hours?? The thought of it :frowning:

2 Likes

Just asked for a week off at the end of the month, feeling very burnt out atm. Which is terrible timing because I have a big presentation with the boss tomorrow!

I don’t know if it’s the pando or if it’s that we had a little taste of nice weather last week or if it’s not seeing people yet or what but feeling very cba. Very just get up, work, wait for bed, sleep, work, etc.

2 Likes

It is cold and I am spending a day off reading, playing videogames, and eating party rings. Might watch Titanic later.

Sorry @manches

Update: I’ve answered some work email and I’m now back to Inbox Almost Zero. I’ve listened to Spectrum by Billy Cobham (which contains the song ‘Stratus’ sampled by Massive Attack in ‘Safe From Harm’) and I’m now listening to the Malibu Ken album.

2 Likes

had two hot cross buns for breakfast about 3 hours ago and now i’m hungry again

1 Like

we had one last week that was more like an hour, hour and a half tops, and it was OK, had some people leaving, had a chat, did a quiz based on Pointless. hadn’t had one for ages so felt a bit fresher than other ones had.

having one the week after lasting twice as long… idk tbh. have said I’ll go and I’m on a team for the quiz that’ll be happening as part of it so I don’t really want to let anyone down, but at the same time it does not appeal greatly

I have felt really burnt out and having some time off the past couple of weeks has made a huge difference. Feeling burnt out sucks - hope you can have the week off and get some r&r :relaxed:

Made the mistake of not having any time off between new year’s and Easter, which is a gruelling slog at the best of times, let alone during… you know… all this.

1 Like

Just had a nice 4 mile walk after dropping M off at Easter club, dqy off today amd like every Thursday I don’t work my manager has arranged meetings that I need to attend so got about an hour to clean the flat and do all my chores for the week.

I feel like I’m in this boat at the moment too - had an extra day off over Easter so came back after five days off and a day in I’m supremely cba, feel burnt out, like I never even had a break. also considering some time off towards the end of the month!

hope it passes/improves for you soon!

1 Like

Actually, really good point - hadn’t quite realised how long it’s been since Christmas! Definitely makes sense to be feeling tired. Glad you’re feeling better after a few days off :relaxed:

Sorry to hear you’re feeling the same too - hope you can book some holiday, @breakfast_t_england !

2 Likes

Second Breakfast is such a great time of morning.

5 Likes

I’d say we’re rapidly approaching tea and biscuits o clock tbf.

1 Like

It’s snowing sideways

1 Like

wanna swap?

Hate doing nothing. Find myself getting so restless. Feel like so much of my life is involuntary sitting about.

5 Likes

Hungover zzz

Same. Trying to rouse anyone for a walk but so far, nothing. Might go on my own.

2 Likes

On the tram into the office. Bit of a change of scenery.

Can confirm that Taylor Swift is still in place if any MME were wondering.