Thors Day Throd 🥸

Morning

What a laugh

Got a meeting in 1 hour and another in 10 hours

HBU?

It’s currently a cosy -4 here which is warmest it will get all day. It apparently hit -8 or -9 around 3am.

I need to head to the office after lunch, I don’t think I can avoid it. But my road looks like an ice rink at the moment, as it snowed again on top of ice and then froze, so I might have to get a train.

I had a terrible nights sleep, due to a bad neck. Yesterday though I splashed out a little and finally ordered myself a sit/stand desk and new computer chair for home. Also I’m going to get a new pillow.

2 Likes

Lovely day though

Even if I do have icicles in my beard after my morning walk

14 Likes

:wave:

In bed drinking coffee listening to the news.

Looks cold but clear outside.
Work. Then probably watch the wolves game, Adam curtis then drag race after.

2 Likes

Had a good sunrise here. I’m fucking shattered, and it’s going to be a busy one. Still 2 days, then 10 off

5 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

6 Likes

Bad nights sleep tbh

I miss the mountains :frowning:

Snow’s been on again

Captured a bird today. Will that do?

1 Like

You monster

4 Likes

Good morning @bodyinthethames @ynot @matt_was_taken @rich-t @roy_disco @aboynamedgoo @jordan_229 @anon89873996 @epimer and everyone who posts below :arrow_down:

Not much to report here. It’s very cold but at least it’s sunny. Don’t fancy going out anywhere in the car today tbh. Lots of meetings today so I’m trying to get ahead of myself, but it’s pretty tricky.

Anyway, there’s always time for the :sunny: DAYLIGHT UPDATE! :sunny:

London
:sun_with_face: :crescent_moon: :clock1: :heavy_plus_sign:
07:23 17:06 09:43:23 +3:37
Edinburgh
07:48 17:06 09:17:33 +4:21
King’s Lynn
07:24 17:01 09:36:42 +3:48
Salcombe, Devon
07:34 17:24 09:49:50 +3:27
7 Likes

Spent the last 23 minutes trying to figure out what song I’d woken up with stuck in my head. It was Glass Slipper by Burning Brides, who I haven’t thought about for probably a decade.

Weird brain GO AWAY

Same

1 Like

Morning all. So cold out there this morning that the lid of the recycling bin had frozen shut.
It’s going be a long, but interesting, day while I’m on the interview panel at a graduate trainee recruitment centre. Not least because the candidates “arrive” in less than 90 minutes and my shift finished at 12.20 this morning, so I’m doing this on about four hours’ sleep.

Morning all. Day 4 of no heating or hot water.

These lads were outside our bedroom window last night.

Great stuff.

9 Likes

one of those days where accepting work from all quarters at a more relaxed time has meant all of them are now hammering home deadlines at the same time, which is today.

having coffee and listening to music to get myself ready, then it’s gonna be a shite day

Bad sleep but I will make a big coffee soon. A balmy 0°C here

Really wish I could go to a nice warm office today

Morning all!

It is tropical in Glasgow.

I am doing none of the nursery runs today so I’ll be inside. I also had some good news about some of the big qualifications I teach that mean I’ve got significantly less work to do this year than I did at the start of the week.

Might make shakshuka for tea and I’m considering baking a sodabread to go alongside.

2 Likes