thought there could be a thread in this, couldnt think of a title

Can’t believe the ‘recipe’ they put in there.

2 Likes

Just :unamused:

You mean you’re not going to be whipping up cod and couscous this evening?

1 Like

I don’t care how little or much money I had. I would never be this fucking boring about money. “Sometimes I spend 70p on crisps” shut up?!

3 Likes

But if you eat fewer avocados and drink fewer flat whites you too could be a supercilious wankshed! Fucking FUCK OFF

Seriously, my fucking rage whenever any of these articles comes into my world is unreal. Yeah, alright, you’re a lucky prick, so fucking what? You want to come and have a go at my debt mountain? Be my sodding guest (or lodger, I guess). We’ve all made our choices and we all have to live by them, and you don’t get to be a smug bastard just because you have either made more coherent choices earlier, or had the luxury of a fucking sweet amount of support. Get. To. Fuck.

2 Likes

As it happens, the dinner being made here tonight has more similarities with that than I am comfortable with. I mean it is an acceptable, if bland, dinner - just ridiculous to pretend it is in any way worthy of dissecting into a method for putting three things together with a bit of lemon.

I like the way she acknowledges her privilege with words.
That’s good of her.

1 Like

A really great way to acknowledge that privilege is not to write stupid articles about it for mass consumption.

Sometimes I spend 70p on crisps

2 Likes

… And not to make your lodger pay more of your mortgage than you are.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that would be a fine start too

1 Like

#NTWICCG

Or spending $5000 a year on clothes from Old Navy

Early Trail of Dead band name needed some tweaking.
:grinning:

1 Like

Just seems like such a hollow victory… Spending two years living in your old spare room and then having to take on a lodger, just so you can sit in a 2-bed house and cook carrots in a mug in a microwave.

1 Like

Then having a story about it in the press so old people can say “hey, if you stripped away all remnants of joy in your life, you could be living this dream too?”

1 Like