• Used to use an Amiga at some point
  • Never Amiga’d

0 voters

Spectrum 4 lyf.

Well, 4 a few years in the 80s anyway

5 Likes

Actual tears in my eyes

8 Likes

Remember on ‘wait till I get you home’ on Noel’s house party the kid always used to get one of these and I wanted it more than anything in the world. Never got one. My mates did though.

3 Likes

1mb of RAM

3 Likes

And it was quicker than today’s PCs

My grandad had an Amiga 500 and a Mega Drive, and that was pretty much my whole formative gaming life. He actually played games too, loved racing games and flight simulators, and also puzzlers. We ended up being given his Amiga when they moved some stuff around upstairs, so for a bit the study in my parents’ house had a 133mhz PC, an Amiga 500 and a DreamCast. Halycon days.

Think my brother might have killed the Amiga by pushing it off the retractable desk drawer with his foot by mistake, though it could have been me to be fair. What even is memory anyway?

2 Likes

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Way before my time but this video was cool as fuck

2 Likes

Used to have an Amiga 500 when I was little. Loved all those home-made “public domain” games that you’d get free with magazines and stuff. Sure, the SNES lads had Mario and Zelda, but who needs that when you have “Mr Wobbly vs the Space Invaders”.

3 Likes

And this one!

have such fondness towards the Amiga, reckon the world would somehow be a better place if commodore hadn’t gone bust, it is weird how a computer can have a personality like the Amiga did. got back into it a few years ago, bought an Armiga emulator, bought the Viva Amiga documentary, meant to get the Amiga Visual Compendium book but never got around to it.

Highlights: deluxe paint, lucas arts stuff, lemmings, rainbow islands, new zealand story, flashback

9 Likes

Eye of the Beholder 2 nearly destroyed me. :confused:
Loved that computer.

dont know how it slipped by my at the time but the Psygnosis game Agony was a true work of art

http://francksauer.com/index.php/games/test/15-games/published-games/10-agony

3 Likes

fun amiga fact, there are various b-52 references printed on the circuit board

also this is good

lost so many hours of my life to SWOS

11 Likes

remember getting a demo with Amiga power where it was a world war 2 version where the football was a bomb that exploded every so often

4 Likes

8 Likes

aye was that not the cannon fodder version they did?

1 Like