Thread for asking big questions via the medium of [Polls]

yeah I know! but if you’ve gone two weeks, try and hold out a bit longer! (coming from someone who has done this many times before)

2 Likes

Im a weak human, when I get drunk I crave them. Walked outside for some fresh air smelld that great waft of smoke in the air, needed one.

1 Like

same :frowning:

I;m ruining this poll thread with my drunkeness back to the integrity of them

Squirrels as pets

• I would want one if it were a red squirrel only
  • No

0 voters

Should @NeilYoung buy a pack of cigarettes tomorrow? (Poll results are legally binding for @NeilYoung obviously)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

oooh la di dah mr purple olives, someone’s forgotten they’re from guildford already havent they lol

2 Likes

Do you pronounce the name Aaron?

• More like ‘air-ron’
  • More like ‘ahr-run’

0 voters

Did you pronounce it one way and have changed over the years?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’d be open to changing though

1 Like

Original ma0sm: ahr-run
ma0sm who lived with an Aaron who insisted on being called air-ron: air-ron
ma0sm who later worked with someone called Aaron who didn’t understand why I occassionaly called him air-ron: ahr-run
Current ma0sm: bit confused, hopes to never encounter any more Aarons: ahr-run

3 Likes

When I was at school the ‘air’ way was definitely the standard, including a couple of Aarons in the class but the US/Aus ‘ahrr’ way seems the default now. Not sure if it was just a North London crappy way of saying it or cultural hegemony has changed things. English people seem to more commonly say ‘Nike’ as ‘nikey’ now (which is obviously correct going with the Greek etc.) but I think it was always just rhymed with Mike as a kid. (But then we all said Nestlé as nesslay because the adverts did whereas my mum grew up calling it Nestles and I think adverts in her day said it like that too.)

Hmmmm, 6 lines of densely-packed Theo-speak? Think I’ll need another coffee first.

4 Likes

Sorry. I got into one. x

1 Like

To unify English:

• Over to be pronounced like ‘uvver’
  • Glove to be pronounced like ‘glohve’

0 voters

lol wtf

most english thing i’ve ever heard

2 Likes

Don’t tar us all with Eric’s terrible brush. Never heard of this either

Best mid-80s Power Of Love

• Frankie Goes To Hollywood
  • Huey Lewis & The News
  • Jennifer Rush

0 voters

I think maybe in the commentary they said that when they first asked Huey Lewis for a song he brought back this minor key ballad and they had to sort of try to explain to him what they wanted so he just went away and came back with this. I find it interesting that his initial response on being presented with this concept was a downbeat ballad but it does make sense of course.

When I was a kid and I heard the term ‘cat burglar’ I thought they were

• People who broke in and stole cats
  • People who burgled cats
  • Cats who burgled

0 voters

The first time i heard it it was explained to me that it meant a climbing burglar, though i would have liked if it involved cats in some way

2 Likes

Having a special glass cutting tool thing was an essential in my head

1 Like