Thread for Days of Yore: Rick Stein

Just want to remind everyone that this thread is actually for tomorrow. Please try to ignore it until 0930 on 19/01/2017

Stop jumping the gun you fucks!!

1 Like

Ikr?!!!

1 Like

The lobster’s already out the pot! :octopus:

Is that really in the spirit of that dog

*squid **pan

4 Likes

Chalky was obedient and charming, you could learn a lot from him, young man.

1 Like

As much as I love Chalky, he comes across as a bit of a prick in quite a few of those clips. A little like his owner wouldn’t you say? #bigopinionsthatcanwaituntiltomorrow

I already feel like a kindred spirit with him due to his calm and reasonable demeanour, and possibly also for being used in a thinly veiled montage for Rick Stein to meditate on grief, so I will refrain in his memory RIP

2 Likes

I didn’t think I could hate him anymore but now I know he’s into incest?!

2 Likes

A true Byronic hero

D’you reckon Byron carried a little hessian bag around with him and stole people’s recipes?

Yes I do

In a pre-Chalky world, anything was possible.

1 Like

seen a few of his shows in the last couple of weeks. his voiceover bits sound like the ramblings of a senile grandad.

1 Like

THREAD OPEN (Please can a mod change the title, thanks)

This is a thread about Rick Stein.

Do you like Rick Stein? I like him a lot and think he’s very endearing despite being quite lame, I like how he seems to really embrace the place he’s visiting and I like the bits where he references a poem or something to some bewildered local and they politely laugh. I also like him chucking his knife and fork down after eating and I like the way he makes notes on the way the chef is doing something while he’s on telly, genuinely feels like a TV show is happening around something he’d already be doing given the chance.

Do you think Rick Stein has a dark side? Yes I do, I think there are times when you can tell he’s on his fifth or sixth take and is starting to lose patience a bit, I think he probably yells at his production team an awful lot but is apologetic when he calms down.

Do you miss Chalky? Yes, of course I do, he was a lovely dog and his passing made me genuinely unhappy.

Do you like the bits where his son turns up for some reason? No.

What do you think of the theme tune to his latest series? As a piece of music, absolutely not, as a supporting point for his endearing lameness? Absolutely!

Do you think Rick would fuck a mermaid/merman given half a chance? Yes, I think he probably would.

What is your favourite Rick Stein series? I liked the one he did in India and I have the respective cookbook which is quite good, I also very much enjoyed the combination of food and history on his one that went from Venice to Istanbul.

Would you visit Rick Stein’s restaurant? Only if it was guaranteed that he’d be there for a meet and greet afterwards.

#Please answer the questions above but feel free to add any other Rick Stein related content you wish to

1 Like

Total Cunt

4 Likes

Absolute top bloke :thumbsup: :fish:

1 Like

Was the one in india the one where he clearly contracted a very severe case of the Jonathons very early on and was then having to force down loads of food that he wasn’t in the mood for while looking very gaunt?

I like him btw, clearly passionate about food, not too up himself and never tries to be cool

3 Likes

That’s the one, aye. Dead good.