Thread for discussing an idealised version of society (polls and no chat)

obviously this is problematic because there are cultural and linguistic barriers to identifying what others would consider happiness and productivity, not everyone linguistic and cultural framework will map or translate one to one onto another’s. Some people can experience emotions learnt culturally that others are incapable of for example.

1 Like

I currently do 4 on-4 off. That’ll do nicely forever, I reckon.

(That was a reply to the OP about working week)

1 Like

I think you’ve quoted the ‘75%’ text

1 Like

High-earners taxation

• less than 40%
  • 40-50%
  • 50-75%
  • greater than 75%

0 voters

is the social experience of human happiness more important than the individual experience of human happiness?

would be interested to hear some views on why less bureaucracy is a good thing. how are we supposed to organise work/healthcare/utilities etc?

The technological revolution

• Embrace the fact that technology can ease the “work” burden currently felt by the poorest factions of society
  • The robots are stealing our jobs

0 voters

can or should we factor the idea of change into society?

Can you expand on this, Bam? Are you talking about the suggestions made in this thread and whether they can be feasibly implemented?

the point is to reach a stage where work becomes obsolete, but we can make things better in the short term by taking the profits companies make by increased automation and ploughing it back into society.

3 Likes

CWBAFT

1 Like

I thought most of you had left university years ago tbh!

I’m working through my thoughts aloud as I have them.

If things are heavily monitored and mandated to our current ideals and standards does that leave room or the ability for future generations to change the system if what we think is working for us now isn’t working for them?

Universal basic income

• Yes please
  • No thanks
  • Dunno

0 voters

sometimes it’s fun or helpful to allow ourselves to just think about things.

1 Like

That’s an interestingly point…just on a simple level I do think currently we are thinking in terms of what is best for us rather than future generations, so I’d be inclined to say…no, not really :neutral_face:

would be very worried that universal basic income would be used to cut any state provision of anything else etc… But I like the idea somewhat in ‘theory’ as long as it wouldn’t mean the end of everything else we hold dear

2 Likes

nation state:

• Great way of protecting assets for the wealthy and undermining society via divide and conquer tactics
  • Nothing wrong with them

0 voters

Referendums

• Yes please
  • No thanks
  • Dunno

0 voters

Offshoring assets to escape tax

• Basically encouraged, as per now
  • OP, permabanned
  • Legal only if you physically carry the cash abroad yourself in old pennies

0 voters