Thread for documenting when strangers shout at you in the street (rolling)

I thought this was going to be a fun thread.

A group of teenagers in tracksuits shouted ‘Benjamin Franklin’ towards me in Belfast ten years ago.

We spent a weekend asking people what they knew about BF to try to work out why.

16 Likes

That’s better than abuse… Maybe even mildly amusing. Punk’d.

1 Like

I got thumped by some old drunk whilst I was using a cash machine yesterday afternoon. Wasn’t very hard but think he was going down the street doing it to everyone judging by the shouting and commotion.

Yeah it was pretty innocuous. I wonder if they were doing it to everyone who walked past them

Doesn’t quite fit the brief, but a friend of mine had shit thrown at him out of a car.

I definitely didn’t laugh.

Funnest one I’ve heard was a friend walking to work on a rainy day with an umbrella, jumped over a puddle and some kids across the street shouted ‘singing in the rain cunt’ at him

31 Likes

Human?

Someone shouted ‘TALK TO FRANK’ out of a car window at me recently. Heh.

5 Likes

Dancer.

7 Likes

Pooey spence

1 Like

Had some girl shout 'purple t-shirt ’ at me from a passing car. I was wearing a purple t-shirt, but just why?

6 Likes

Such a weird thing isn’t it. I wonder if it happens as much in other countries?

We don’t get the opportunity to smash people’s mail boxes from the passenger window with baseball bats though.

4 Likes

This has completely done me.

Some builders were shouting something at me when I was in CzechWorld a few weeks back but alas, I cannot speak Czech so don’t know whether it was friendly or not.

Had some little irritants speed up behind me on a moped, swerve towards me, and shout jibberish at me before tearing off towards their next contribution to society recently. Seems tame compared to some of the ones already said tho

Rejected Laura marling album titles

17 Likes

Was cycling behind my friend recently and a group of guys literally pulled up next to her in a car to shout “get in the cycle lane”

She stopped, quite flustered. I caught up and pointed out that she was in fact, in the cycle lane, whilst trying my best to say “you are all bell-ends” through facial expression alone

They were like ‘oh, yeah. sorry’.

Really awkward. Anyway they pulled away and she shouted “wankers” at them. hope that mild level of social discomfort and being publicly wrong at something taught them a lesson about something or other

3 Likes

it’s scary outside of the house isn’t it

6 Likes

Or sit on the roof of your house drinking beers, Replacements style

1 Like