Thread for events cancelled/postponed due to the Coronavirus

Field day nearly sold out for an early July one.

Yeah, Arctangent happening in August with a different bill isn’t out of the question, but appearing so optimistic about 2000 Tress, which is less than three weeks after the 21 June grand reopening which is definitely-100%-happening-pinky-promise-Johnson-said-so, doesn’t come across too great, when they’ve been quite honest and open about everything so far.

Can’t blame organisers for getting a lift and celebrating this week’s news, but they shouldn’t really be contributing to the June 21 end of covid hype.

2 Likes

And they still have Beach Slang on the posters on the poster despite them breaking up in January after it was revealed on of them is an abuser. How they dealt with the backlash of booking the Smith Street Band makes me feel uncomfortable as well but this might be info for another thread.

What do you want them to do though? A lot of them will go under if they don’t get money in this year, and given the announcements it’s not exactly ludicrous to imagine them going ahead at the moment. What’s wrong with the approach you’ve laid out even if stuff does get cancelled, so long as they give refunds where requested?

I dunno, as I said before this optimism might all come to look like ludicrously pie in the sky stuff if things go wrong for whatever reason, but if we’ve learnt anything in the last year it’s that things can shift pretty drastically both positively and negatively over the course of a few months. They might go ahead, they might go ahead with altered lineups, they might not happen at all, but you’ve not got any more idea than anyone else.

Obviously I’m not the thread police and you can post whatever you like, but tbh it comes across a bit weirdly to me to come into a thread with people hopeful stuff might go ahead after a shit year and go “well, actually…” repeatedly.

It’s an observation, not a judgement.

Actually, to be fair, you are right and I’m not helping. I’ll shut up.

I just don’t see how the big ones (reading and Leeds, primavera, rock werchter etc) will happen.

3 Likes

Think they’re setting themselves up for backlash if they do go ahead, a lot of people will be buying tickets for the international acts and there’s no guarantee they’ll be able to come to the UK

1 Like

The Great Escape 2021 cancelled :frowning:

Pillow Queens tour moved to November.

Not surprised by that. Don’t know why they weren’t at least considering something later in the year, or if they have to stick to May for whatever reasons.

1 Like

Idles summer tour moved to Jan 2022, tell your dad.

7 Likes

London’s Pride weekend has been moved to second weekend of September. Still feels a bit optimistic to me.

2 Likes

Great Escape now an online festival and will return next year

Great Escapes whole thing is being an international festival would be impossible to organise

Yeah, plus it pulls bands from Live at Leeds, Sound City, and the other other cross-city fests that happen the same weekend/s. If one falls the others fall.

1 Like

Amazed Manchester International Festival hasn’t cancelled or been put back to next year when The Factory is meant to open. Don’t even think anything has been announced for it yet mind.

Yeah I’m definitely not surprised either but it’s a shame to see the confirmation. Kind of makes it feel like we’ve made no progress at all in fighting covid despite the obvious evidence to the contrary.

Also it’s a shame as normally Brighton in May is absolutely buzzing. The combination of TGE, Brighton Festival and Fringe Festival makes the whole city just feel brilliant and exciting. It’s a shame to be missing out on that again for another year.

Girl Band, Do Nothing and some less good bands