Thread for events cancelled/postponed due to the Coronavirus

Something oddly heartwarming about "The capacity will be significantly reduced - down from 111,000 to just 10,000 - but organisers say “moshing will be allowed.”

:heart::hugs::metal:

2 Likes

ffs, didn’t even realise this was the wrong thread until now

1 Like

Of love tickets to this. The atmosphere will be amazing.

1 Like

This afternoon’s inevitable announcement is going to kill off a bunch of festivals entirely, isn’t it.

1 Like

Only ones before the new date?

Noisily is off

I thought the postponements might be coming to an end, but I just got an email saying that the Holy Fawn tour has been postponed from Oct 2021 to Sept 2022. That was the only gig I had left still in the diary for this year :frowning_face:

I was just thinking that a side-effect of all this postponement is that artists who would have toured behind a particular album, but have had to postpone that by up to two years, might very well have released another album by the time they get to tour. Which means fewer songs from that earlier album, different production (for larger artists) etc. Quite a bummer if you love a particular album and would normally have seen the artist perform a setlist heavy with those tracks.

I’m personally quite disappointed to have missed:

Holy Fawn touring Death Spells
Springsteen touring Letter to You
Phoebe Bridgers touring Punisher
Taylor Swift touring Lover (well, by ‘touring’ I mean one show in Hyde Park)

2 Likes

Same on holy fawn. Hope they’ll still do a death spells heavy set even if they have a new one out by then

2 Likes

Puscifer doing Hellfest next year seems to indicate that Tool have already gone back into hibernation too.

2 Likes

Yes, 100% on Tool - forgot about them. The only UK date they did for Fear Innoculum was Download, so I was firmly expecting them to come to Europe back on a non-festival tour, and now that never happened.

On the more optimistic side, I’m pretty sure there were a few US festival dates a few years ago where both Puscifer and Tool played, so he’s not in theory against doing both at once, but not sure how likely that is.

Me visiting the UK.
Was supposed to see Kraftwerk last July.

No refund received on this yet, more than the 21 working days they said it could take. Can see this dragging on.

Kendal Calling

Do you really wanna refund
Do you really want to say goodbye

Just checked my account, the refund is in! They haven’t refunded booking/handling fees, so that’s £13.30 down the drain, but this is better than I’d been expecting a week ago.

Just got an e-mail to say that the Studio Ghibli concerts have been push back by a year to August 2022.

Thoughts on this?

John bramwell turns up to venue. Doesn’t like the screens so goes home.

There’s some discussion that those perspex screens are actually more dangerous as it goes against the ventilation suggestions. He’s also right, my understanding is that it isn’t a law.

The main problem is that he comes off as a disciple of Brown rather than having a good argument not to be behind it.

1 Like