Thread for having the social board make decisions for you

I have an interview for a CELTA course this afternoon but I haven’t really prepared anything and not even sure what I’m supposed to prepare as the e-mail was so vague (I have already done a written test and application form). Should I

• Wing it - what’s the worst that could happen?
  • Explain that you’ve been so busy you need some more time to prepare and at the same time get some hints at what to expect.

0 voters

nb: i don’t know what this is

honestly this girl sounds like bad news. Step away from the girl. Or at least call her out on her bad behavior and say it needs to stop if she wants to spend time with you (but go to the party if you want to, but not because of her)

1 Like

yeah think we’ll go on a few walks and look round the nearby fishing village, but that’s about it

Go, and hook up with someone else right in front of her :v:

3 Likes

Dear Social Board,

should I take a nap?

• :sleeping:
  • :-1:

0 voters

yeah this. ps i have no upcoming plans

Sounds like an offer @Songs_about_ducking cannot refuse!

It’s not even midday yet!

so no reason to be awake!

1 Like

It will be in five minutes here. Will it be acceptable then?

I know that it is probably worth it going for better quality, I just have this weird hang up about spending that much money on myself. A large percentage of voters agree with going more expensive so that will justify it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, @ttf, @laelfy, @anon89873996, @andyvine and @japes. Off for a nap then

4 Likes

ffs

:sleeping:

What time’s the :pizza: coming?

Actually trying to cut down a bit on the pizza consumption :scream:

1 Like

you should have put that to a vote

Maybe after my nap!

Oooh, something I can actually help with because of direct experience!

Background 1: I lived in Morocco for a while. Background 2: we recently went on holiday to Vietnam with two young kids, and are not normally sitting-by-the-pool types.

Morocco is a fantastic country with a million things to see and do. Many of these things are not particularly easy to get to, and the most practical way to travel is in ancient and overloaded taxis. I’m not sure I’d want to do that with kids, but YMMV. So I’d say you’re best to stay relatively close to your resort. Is it in Marrakech? If so, you’re sorted. The old town can be pretty intense, but you can spend days exploring. The markets are great, and there’s lots of interesting stuff for a kid to look at. There are also some fab museums, which my kids would think were some kind of fairyland.

That said, on our recent holiday we spent most of the time at the pool because the kids had such a great time there. We limited ourselves to a few “cultural” days, with plenty of downtime in between (this is the key, I think). I think you have to cut your cloth and limit the more challenging activities. There will be plenty of time to re-balance that in future!