Thread for having the social board make decisions for you

I used to be quite fond of the place, but his chip game has been poor recently

Things that are funner out of context

1 Like

I knew what i was doing

3 Likes

RIP China Town 2. Bardsleys is too expensive (and their portion sizes are too small, and they have a daily mail at the end of the counter), and Fillets doesn’t quite feel right. I can’t put my finger on it - maybe it’s just too new and a good chip shop needs to feel like it’s been there forever. George & Annes on Coombe Road is always underrated.

my tinder bio

4 Likes

Fillets is shit

my next closest is on Queens park road - they’ve changed hands I think so I need to see if they are any better than they used to be

Have I told you my Chinatown 2 joke that was criminally underappreciated? they should have called it The Two Jakes

2 Likes

You’re right, you know.

1 Like

Depends if it’s a fully encased pie or not

If no full pastry coverage then gammon

3 Likes

Chippopotamus

1 Like

Gammon getting an unfair slating is an unheralded negative outcome of Brexit

1 Like

I’ve just nailed 3 Dark Chocolate Digestives and I could easily keep going.

• Knock yourself out
  • Too many calories m8

0 voters

fuck him up with a CCJ, sounds a right white pudding

1 Like

Are unpaid CCJs enforced by the sheriffs you see on the telly?

1 Like
  • Kindle
  • Kindle Paperwhite
  • Jam roly poly pudding

0 voters

Paperwhite, if you get the normal Kindle you’ll only regret it the moment you want to read in low-light.

2 Likes

New one has a light too!

Ok, so, as you’ll all know by now, as avid readers of every journal entry we make, we’re off to see @Gnometorious’s nan’s for lunch tomorrow. Our plan was to get a train to Southampton, get picked up by that gnome’s sister, then have her drop us back at the station in the evening amd come back to Reading for a quiet night in. On Saturday, we’re going to a close friend’s 30th birthday, so need to be in good form.

Her sister has been wanting us to go to a Friday rock night in Southampton for ages, as her friends aren’t so into rock, so she hasn’t anyone to go with. She’s spied an opportunity to get us to go with her, stay at hers afterwards and then drive us home on the Saturday as she will coming to Reading for the 30th box social.

So we are faced with a dilemma. Do we stick to our current plan, or do we fall foul of temptation and hope it doesn’t impact our ability to be great on Saturday?

Pros:

• going out with her sis is always great fun.
  • one of the 3 featured artists at the rock night is Paramore who we of course, love.
  • we won’t be able to go with her to this night for ages if we don’t do it this tomorrow.

Cons:

• that gnome is susceptible to having dreadful hangovers
  • we have very little restraint
  • we keep going.
  • Have a quiet one. You’ll all get to see each other on Saturday and are all far too old to rock and or roll
  • Go out, your sis in law really wants to and it would mean a lot to her as she’s been having a rough time.
  • Mackerel frittata oooh and add peas

0 voters

Go to (presumably) Suburbia (RIP Lennons), drink cheap dark rum, feel terrible all weekend. It’s the classic Southampton ruined Bank Holiday!

1 Like

Yeah, that seems to be the place. For District or something

Are you all absolutely sure you don’t want us to save money and stay in?