Thread for motivating you/me to get a job

Yeah, one or two. I find meeting people in a group quite easy (I managed this quite well when I lived in Birmingham). It’s easy with the internet. Although I do find arranging to meet up with specific people a bit awkward sometimes. Having something arranged most evenings is the sort of lifestyle I want, I actually get depressed if I do nothing in the evening.

Combining work with my interests doesn’t seem feasible for me, sadly. I’m obsessed with music but I can’t play any instruments, and I’m not really interested in writing about it either, which is a shame. Actually I am interested in politics as well and was close to getting a job working for a local council (and got turned down because someone else had more experience plus a fucking DPhil).

I am comfortable doing the job, I don’t have to wake up early and travel is fast since I commute at unusual times (and it’s not many hours a week), but I’m not really content there and feel like I should be doing a lot more. I was originally meant to be doing this job for just a couple of months post-uni, now I’ve been working there for nearly 20 (!!!) months (although only 8/9 of them have technically been post-uni). It’s scary how much time has passed and I’ve done hardly anything for the past two years, I lose sleep just thinking about it. At the same time I haven’t even really bothered looking for new jobs and I’ve just been stuck in this cycle.

Only the ones who aren’t cool enough to have had the Glasgow call-up yet.

1 Like

Actually I am interested in politics as well and was close to getting a job working for a local council (and got turned down because someone else had more experience plus a fucking DPhil).

2 Likes

Look for a civil service job, they’re a piece of piss

1 Like

before you moved to london did you realise how accurate this was?

1 Like