Thread for people who aren't DJs

Do you reckon you’d be any good at DJing?

• Yeah
  • Nah

0 voters

many times tried to do the wicky waah scratching stuff on my brother’s “decks”. It’s pretty difficult

1 Like

some massive overconfidence in these results

3 Likes

I can press the DJ button on a Casio keyboard

What does it do?

Plays the notes D natural and J natural

1 Like

Hey kids, here’s the latest mega smash from Tyler Swift. Expect to see this fly up the hit parade in the coming weeks.

Piece of piss.

6 Likes

Throw your hands up in the air, like you are a person who does not appear to care!

Piece of piss

15 Likes

Vernon, that’s enough!

Chill out The Black Madonna

says DJ

2 Likes

Often think about “records I would play if I was DJing”. I have the records but don’t have DJ decks or know how to use them. I have 0 desire to learn to do beat match type DJ ing. Just play a record that’s good to dance to, then play another one when that one finishes

1 Like

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/hows-your-love-life-dis/6813/7143?u=ma0sm

yeah I fucked that right up didn’t I.

It’s Vinyl Richie if anyone cares !

1 Like

I did an afternoon of DJ training once. It was fun and I was quite good at it. But I didn’t know any of the songs I was using in the tutorial and when it came to thinking about a set of my own I realised I would really struggle to put something crowd-pleasing that I would enjoy together. I have, therefore, voted “Nah”.

1 Like

People have told me they think I’d be a good DJ.

• I just wanna Rock, DJ. (They have)
  • Hang the DJ, haaaang the DJ. (No)

0 voters

I remember having a go on some “decks”

It went

1. 1st Record sounds ok
  2. Cacaphonous mess as I move the crossfader
  3. 2nd Record sounds ok.
1 Like

I did “DJ” in public once when our local allowed randoms 20 minutes on a single turntable. In that time I managed to play a James song at the wrong speed and stuck on The Man Don’t Give A Fuck so that I could grab a beer.

1 Like

Cacaphonous Dex could be one of them dinos

1 Like

I’d quite like to do a DJ set where all the songs were in G major or something

1 Like