Thread for posing minor dilemmas that you already know the answer to

wait…it’s a 5 string?

ahm oot

sell it though, it’s pretty & nice that your mum got it for you but unless you’re playing in a jazz fusion quintet you don’t need a 5-string bass.
And even if you are playing in a jazz fusion quintet you have the Fender VI :slight_smile:

Fair. Never even wanted a five string, but they didn’t have the four string in stock at the time and it was so much nicer than a US standard jazz so #shruggingemoji

I have three guitars I essentially never play. I should really get rid of at least two, but one is my first guitar, so sentimental, one is my “nice” guitar so I have to keep that, and the other is acoustic so you know, so different as to be a totally different thing.

I am a hoarder though.

I thought you liked your single speed.

If you don’t, then sell that and use your old road bike (it’s still less than two years old though, right?) to hack about on.

Probably easier to swap components between the road bikes if you upgrade the new one in stages too.

Would you like to buy a five string bass to round out the collection?

I’ll have your single speed.

You know what goes really well with single speed bikes?

but why is she texting him using excel?

Mate do I look like a bass player

I was going to say “a bike helmet”.

I do. It’s very easy to maintain and I can basically neglect it without too many problems which is why it’s an ideal commuter. It’s also totally inconspicuous. So all roads point to selling the road bike.

But. Road bike would make an ideal indoor trainer / winter trainer, and as the single speed is basically the cheapest bike ever I am expecting it to spectacularly die at some point.

However, the road bike will need a new chain ring shortly, and it has pretty nice wheels, meaning I’m always a bit weary of leaving it somewhere and commuting on it.

Oh, I don’t bloody know.

Might just build a nice bike shed and have room for even more bikes.

I love that is says STICKBOY on your windowsill. Did you do that for us is your name actually Stickboy?

1 Like

Don’t worry, I have 27 and don’t ever play some of them.

28 is a very lucky number in some cultures, you know.

Don’t you music for a job though? Totally different

That sort of counts. Also: gizza job?

Is that a Fender Esprit on the right? I’ve never seen one of those in real life. They’re pretty damn rare on this side or the Atlantic.

Cool! I’ve barely heard of that model. Would love to play one of those!

Should I live at home next year and commute the 1/2 days a week to uni or should I live in the city and get a job of some sort to survive?

I really don’t want to live at home but I’m aware living in da big city is potentially just a big waste of time and money.

Don’t live at home while being at uni.

3 Likes