Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

‘Rhinoceros’ just came on shuffle. Best part of the Pumpkins is they age so fucking well.

I just can’t hear one song on a shuffle play and not want to hear more.

3 Likes

stumbled across an acoustic XYU

2 Likes

this thread made me sign up! still love the smashing pumpkins (forever + apologetically). i love ‘ascending guitars’ on the mellon collie box set - just a demo loop but those multi-tracked guitars! :heart:

6 Likes

welcome! there is this thread too that changes names often

I should have been banned for this thread

Happy to oblige

4 Likes

I went to see the Smashing Pumpkins in a theme park last Friday and they were flipping great.

2 Likes

With the big puppets?

Was pleasantly surprised to hear 1979 at the supermarket earlier this evening.

1 Like

a few underrated gems

1 Like

Was really baked last night and couldn’t decide what to put on so went for my gish record.

Such a great album. I am One can get to fuck but otherwise it’s got such a nice feel. Was always my least favourite album when i was a big fan (up to 2000ish) but over the years i’ve grown to love it. Good one for early evening.

2 Likes

Just got back from seeing them for the first time. It was very good! Here’s a photo of Jimmy Chamberlain receiving his birthday cake:

3 Likes

Kind of predictable but I really regret not seeing them last year

Wembley arena October 2018 was probably the best I’ve heard them since I saw them on the Mellon Collie tour.

1 Like

I’d never heard this song before, it’s nice.

Always thought it was the string section that makes tonight tonight so grandiose, but listening to the strings only version on the deluxe Mellon Collie, it’s actually abit cheesy, it’s the vocals doing the heavy lifting

Powering through an early morning flight/commute by listening to Mellon Collie in its entirety. Quite exciting.

4 Likes

still haven’t properly investigate pre-gish material, seems like some good stuff though

1 Like

The whole ignoffo tape is excellent

1 Like

Always thought this one was underrated.

1 Like