Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

Exactly, they scored the White album almost as high as Adore.

1 Like

It’d be ludicrous if Adore wasn’t as long as it was

Billy even just made fun of someone on Instagram who said Wyttch is his best song since Glissandra.

We are never, ever going to agree on this. Those albums were pish.

Some albums need to be long and Adore is one of them. Cutting anything would diminish its impact. Think there’s a better case for making it even longer by actually having Blissed and Gone close it instead of 17 hinting at the melody.

Blissed & Gone is one of my favourite SP tracks.

2 Likes

Yeah, we probably won’t agree. I’m not going to pretend they’d fit in among the original run, but I think if a new band had released them without expectations they’d be viewed more fondly in general. I get that they’re not for everyone though, I just don’t understand the level of vitriol they’ve accumulated.

It’s still a stretch when presented as evidence that Weezer fans aren’t famously defensive.

Just so everyone has some perspective, @ttf and I are very reasonable.

2 Likes

I think he said he considers it Machina, I could be wrong. It definitely feels more like Adore. One of the best either way, I love it.

1 Like

I listened to the first three Alone Demo releases about 10 years ago and there were maxium, a couple of decent efforts.

1 Like

I did read a review that picked it out as the album highlight earlier as well - opinions, eh!

1 Like

Earlier this evening I found myself listening to the new album by The Smashing Pumpkins and I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Very nice. Synths are good

1 Like

Do you think Billy Corgan ever played Mario Kart?

I hope so.

I bet he was the kind of person who said no red shells then blasted theirs ‘to get rid of it’ when another player was in range.

2 Likes

Im confused. The last album was called volume 1. Was there a volume 2?

Yeah the one that’s out now. Same artwork style at least. Just ditched the long name

I think if any band released this album , it would get pretty much the same reaction as this has.

That’s been the tone of most of the reviews I think? 3/5 isn’t exactly a panning.

2 Likes