Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

I fail to believe Billy would start something and not follow through!

3 Likes

Oh god, maybe…imagine that being worthy of a countdown though…

1 Like

Just noticed this in one of their instagrams, hopefully related

1 Like

Thats more like it…only 7 years late!

1 Like
1 Like

actually dig all four songs released so far, gonna enjoy this album I think. Corgman seems to have got over some of the shite production and lazy songwriting which has dogged him the last decade

1 Like

Stopped listening after the school run but introducing 11 yr old to Siamese Dream. She approves.

2 Likes

finally managed to download the machina acoustic demos (weird name for it really as most of it isn’t even in machina 1 or 2) really into this track

1 Like

Having a grand old time listening to Machina. Peaks 4 minutes in with the end of “The Everlasting Gaze” imo, but plenty of good stuff after that.

2 Likes

Just watched Tonight Tonight on Top Of The Pops (on YouTube)
And Zwan on CDUK…

1 Like
2 Likes

Ah, mashups! It’s the early 00s again!

This is pretty good - Spose is a big Pumpkins fan iirc, and this is done with a lot of affection for the source material. PSA/Cherub Rock and Encore/XYU stand out for me

Only problem is that there’s no attempt to make punmendous mashup titles, e.g:

HOVA Metal Machine
Bodies, Cash, Hoes
1979 Problems
The End is the Big Pimpin’ is the End

Project like this, you should really start with the puns!

4 Likes

love that heavy metal machines is represented, must be a true fan

2 Likes

I do enjoy a good mashup and the splicing is pretty good on this one but the execution is bad, the music track is low quality and the vocals are completely separate and too bright. It just sounds like someone playing two different bitrate MP3s at the same time.

PSA and Cherub Rock definitely go well together though!

Not listening to but observing this new HUF streetwear collab they’ve done and enjoying how many people will be rocking Pumpkins as a brand with no knowledge of Corgan’s musical empire

https://www.size.co.uk/product/purple-huf-x-the-smashing-pumpkins-long-sleeve-siva-t-shirt/16037882/

1 Like

i’ve got the two (non tee) shirts, socks and the plectrums. interested to know what the mix between thirty/fortysomethings and the normal HUF demographic. At first I thought it would probably be the former snapping it up as why would youngsters care about the pumpkins, but I guess as the aesthetic is really good in its own right maybe people will just buy it for the look and they like HUF stuff

1 Like