Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

I am listening to the Smashing Pumpkins

12 Likes

I’m listening to an average fleetwood Mac cover. I prefer listening to the smashing pumpkins. When they play their own material they’re still pretty fucking great

I was momentarily listening during and as part of a History Channel advert

You’ll be perfect just luke WPC :laughing:

Despite all my rage

14 Likes

Any good?

Honk if you like cheese.

Busted are listening to smashing pumpkins (1.20 mark)

Just listened to their new one (Knights of Malta).

Quite like it now, ok cheers bye.

It does sound a bit like be here now

3 Likes

Here we go…

1 Like

i was just listening to it. kind of forgot i was listening to it and then i realised i wasn’t listening to it any more because it was quiet and now i need a poo

2 Likes

One of the reviews that I read said that Marchin On sounds like it could be Velvet Revolver and now that’s all I hear when I listen to it.

Album isn’t doing much for me, I have to say. Solara has grown on me quite a bit though. So there’s that, I guess… :-/

1 Like

Solara would be better if you could hear any of the drums other than the snare.

1 Like

First listen - It’s better than Monuments, largely due to the lyrics having a bit more effort put into them. Not to say they’re amazing, just not total basic shit. Also I like how it sounds like they’re trying out some different poses. All the tracks have something likeable about them. I’ll listen a few more times

This is fucking shite…

1 Like

Giving it a second spin. It’s just kind of safe. Billy needs turning down slightly and there aren’t enough ideas, but there are some nice bits of music but the production is too clean to make give them much emotion. Unfortunately, there are some very uninspired bits too.

I am listening to the new album by The Smashing Pumpkins for the first time. So far, I like it!

1 Like

went back to Machina afterwards and it just sounds so much more interesting and levelled better. Heavy Metal Machine is probably still as lacklustre as Solara, though.

Heavy Metal Machine is transcendent! But I’m glad people are starting to recognize how good Machina is.

1 Like