Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

Me too! :sob:

1 Like

Think Soma tops it…sounds so broken and the interplay with the vocals is excellent

4 Likes

I love how happy they are knowing what they’re about to do.

They had such a good dynamic. Remember saying a few years ago that they were a funny band and being told to fuck off. Their banter is so good.

1 Like

Not sure when it happened but the classic Machina II links on archive.org seem to have been scrubbed.

Man, that Double Door Hello Kitty Kat is electric. Wish we had the whole show at this quality.

La la la ignore this, I totally misread your comment without my glasses on

1 Like

Was feeling oddly positive for a few minutes a couple days ago, it was confusing. Realized that under my regular thoughts of anger and doom there was an additional involuntarily layer of thoughts about all of the good things about Rocket.

2 Likes

Love how they managed to update it with a Mellon Collie feel on that tour.

1 Like

You can really hear the change in singing styles between these two.

Strange how they never did a real MTV Unplugged, no band was better suited for it.

1 Like

Not surprising. Wonder what they did.

1 Like

So strange hearing Starla without the solo or walls of guitar. But more importantly, the hat.

1 Like

Already taken down! Need to watch these faster.

1 Like

So good. Weird how much the Cherub Rock riff sounds like the Pastichio Medley equivalent at the beginning, don’t think I’ve ever heard it quite like that before.

1 Like

How can anyone not love this band?

1 Like

Had to learn Wound today for a thing. Man, that song is one of their greats.

2 Likes

A lot of the time I think it’s my all-time favorite of theirs, it’s perfect.

Remember downloading this show back in 1999 and being blown away by it, I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to hear a studio version of a song again.

2 Likes

Love this one. Some of those Adore demos are really good. “Jersey Shore”, uh…this one.

3 Likes

Adore is full of gems and loads of variety. Easily a double album’s worth of solid material

1 Like

“Were” :disappointed:

2 Likes