Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

winterlong is good

1 Like

I have an alternative take that is much more bright and strummy…will try to find it, pretty good

1 Like

overlooked this song for a long time, so much vibe with relatively little going on

love that guitar sound, is it a phaser?

3 Likes

can never workout how the pumpkins get their clean dreamy sounds, whenever I try and do something similar I will cake on the reverb but dont think they used much reverb but it sounds too dry and harsh when I try just modulation and delays, guess maybe it is just good mic-ing and room ambience

One of my favourites

Just sat through the full Adore special edition, BTW. On Machina now.

3 Likes

That little cymbal tap after Billy sings “suck you” is one of my favourite little pumpkins moments

2 Likes

Everyone playing music league should be here if they’re being honest

2 Likes

Came hear to post the very same thing.

Never fully realized the true depth of the Adore era until the past week. Just like Mellon Collie and Machina there’s a whole other incredible album sitting there that would rival any other band’s best work. Wonder why he never assembled everything and released it, I wouldn’t have the restraint to sit on material that beautiful.

He basically has 1-3 amazing unreleased albums for every proper peak-era album, it’s insane.

4 Likes

loving listening to the smashing pumpkast, seem to have a very similar relationship/view of the band as the hosts, finding it super nostalgic to listen to