Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

Saw this yesterday

2 Likes

Ooo where was this?!?

Vinyl Exchange in Manchester

Phew!! Not local, not gonna accidentally stumble in there and make regretful decisions

1 Like

Slunk is an absolute blast.

1 Like

Think we all kind of take Bullet with Butterfly Wings for granted.

1 Like

The interplay between Billy and Jimmy on Tales of a Scorched Earth, jesus. Greatest musical duo ever.

1 Like

Cotillions is so good.

1 Like

CYR is also so good.

2 Likes

thinking of the alternate timelines of slightly different mellon collie track lists and single choices

2 Likes

Dont get me started…i make new ones each week during meetings/assemblies

2 Likes

How can one person write so much beautiful music

1 Like

I’ve come this far so - new podcast episode. The story and inspiration behind the song made me cringe (he namechecks MLK). He suggest that of all the tracks on the new triple album, this will be the one that “endures”. It’s a passable mid tempo electro pop song with a couple of repeated hooks. Would have been one of the lesser moments on his solo LP.

I listened to Cyr earlier and now listening to Melloncollie. What an album, banger after banger, especially that first run of 6 or so songs.

2 Likes

Just co-won a Music League round with Anno Satana. Usually my Pumpkins picks get around 6 points, it got 29.

The conspiracy is losing its power.

3 Likes

It’s almost like absence makes the heart grow fonder!

1 Like

The icy hold of the conspiracy continues to thaw as Radio 2 listeners across the UK were just delighted by Dermot O’Leary playing their sickly seasonal classic Christmastime, he introduced it as a little known gem and exclaimed how beautiful it was when it ended. He really did.

2 Likes