Thread for posting in every time you're listening to The Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah! There’s no better way to start a year or a marriage than by listening to The Smashing Pumpkins. Congratulations!

1 Like

Gemini and To Who Knows Where are great…rest is pretty unforgettable or rubbish (next tuesday!!)

1 Like

New podcast - tune is fine. Voice sounds totally shot on this one, but works well enough as a mid paced, low key ballad. I turned off the podcast when they started saying that Ben Shapiro actually speaks a lot of truth. Utter bilge.

1 Like

New podcast ep - guest is his partner, which is nice, and he only mentions Musk once in passing this time. Song is quite slight, despite being really long. Rips the guitar line from Pinwheels from Oceania too.

Bought the Zwan album for 49p today. It’s not shit.

7 Likes

Honestly?

Wahey

I haven’t listened to it in years but I remember it being A Bit Long

2 Likes

An enjoyable record. Half a dozen great tunes.

New podcast ep - tune is quite slight. It’s the most overt pop thing on here so far, sound not too dissimilar to a Teargarden tune. Rest of the ep talks through Lisa Marie’s passing which is interesting.

The screaming thread has me worked up now. This version of Fuck You is something else. It starts off fine enough but then starting after 1:20 Billy just goes for it, the screaming is absolutely vicious.

Those brief wavering strings in the background of the intro to Tonight Tonight (not the main string motif)…love that little part.

2 Likes

So much better than Cyr. Last 3 years of Pumpkins recorded stuff have really been a total bin fire

2 Likes

The Last Song sure is beautiful.

1 Like

Happy Zwanniversary

6 Likes

Re-bumping this, why not.

I grew up playing sports, I want to win and get to the highest level. I was taking three people who aren’t like that into a much larger spotlight, and their reaction was, ‘We think it’s kind of not-cool.’ I was like, ‘That’s all fine and good, but why are you ordering lobster every night? And why am I paying for it?’

Such a great Corgan quote. Like, he has a point, but why be such a dick about it :smiley:

Anyway Zwan were pretty good. Shame I can’t listen to the album anywhere…

3 Likes

Next time I see the Zwan CD in a charity shop I’m going to buy it and see what Pajo and Sweeney were fucking thinking.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

They were thinking “we’ll let the guy with a proven track record of massive singles make us rich and then we’ll shit on him to maintain our indie cred.” It fell apart because they deployed Part 2 too early. Rookie mistake.

He’s the best. I love him.

What a beautiful song