Thread for posting songs with great snare sounds

Electronic snare sounds welcome. First person to post St. Anger is getting banished.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

ooft that’s a bit beefy but also a bit fruity, I like it

2 Likes
7 Likes

all the snares in this are great but the one that comes in at 3.40 hits a friggin’ truck…

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
9 Likes

There was a Can thread a few weeks ago about Tago Mago, and I realised that Jaki Liebezeit’s tight snare sound is absolutely fundamental to how groovy and tight they are:

This might just be the best snare from Aphex Twin’s history of great snare sounds:

Trying to find my favourite Portsihead one made me realise they always had some bloody brilliant snare sounds.

A few more good heavy ones.

Big fan of the Lewis Johns’s snare production on the Conjurer LP and the most recent Rolo Tomassi. Posting this here as I love the punctuating snare rolls in this.

Billy Rhymer’s snare is also monstrous. He used some sort of wrist-whipping technique to hit it this hard.

Broker, killer Brighton post-hardcore legends with mad snare:

Red Medicine by Fugazi has their best snare and as a result some of the best sounding snares ever.

Blimey, that post went on a bit didn’t it?

4 Likes

Banished.

also Metallica - Master of Puppets (St. Anger version) - YouTube

2 Likes

Long-winded, but very much appreciated all the same. I don’t think I gave Syro enough time, which I need to rectify.

1 Like
5 Likes
7 Likes

glad somebody got in here with a Spoon song before me otherwise I’d be so irked

1 Like
5 Likes